|Chapter #1: Prologue|

Moving to a new place is always a beautiful change. You get a new environment, new place, new people and new opportunities. It is a surreal feeling when you move to a new place, but for her, it is a must change. It is a fresh start for her. She feels that she may get a few moments of peace along with her daughter.

She is Ruhana Mehra. She’s a fashion designer by profession and is a mother to a 16-year-old daughter. Her life lies in her daughter and she can’t see anything beyond her. Ever since she got separated from her husband, she has lost all her hope. No, it was not a bad one, but there were some issues which she can’t stand with. Now, that, they have parted ways, she is happy with her daughter.

Her daughter’s name is Ruhaani and upon her insistence, the mother-daughter has shifted to Mumbai, the city of dreams. Ruhana has taken a small rented flat.  She’s thankful for the house owner trusted her and let her stay in the apartment. Now, her only motto is to buy a house of her own and for that, she’s working hard. With all her savings, she has managed to rent the house and get Ruhaani admitted into a good school. Now, she must pursue her passion, for, she needs a job to survive in this metrocity.

Ruhana is lost in her thoughts when her daughter sits beside her and hugs her, placing her head on her shoulder

Ruhana is lost in her thoughts when her daughter sits beside her and hugs her, placing her head on her shoulder. She keeps her hand on her daughter’s cheek.

“Mumma! Kya soch rahe ho?” The girl asks.

“Main bas ye soch rahi hoon ki main ek job dhundh loon apne liye!” Ruhana says while looking at Ruhaani.

“Oh yes! Aur aapki problem ka solution hain mere pas!” Ruhaani chuckles

“Really! Aur kya hain wo?” Ruhana asks, smiling at her daughter.

She thought that her daughter will pull some tantrums to make her smile. She’s doing the same for many months now. But, to her surprise, the girl shows her an advertisement in the newspaper. The ad is of fashion company and they're currently hiring for a fashion designer.

“Go here. I’m sure, unko aap jaise logon ki zaroorat hogi.” Ruhaani points at the paper.