|Chapter #15: Thoughts|

Vineet and Ruhana watch television and share a glance with each other when they notice a picture on the television. The latter immediately recognised the person.

“Vineet, ye toh, Mr. Vikram Ahuja hai. Jinse humne kal baat ki thi.” Ruhana almost shouts.

“Are you sure, Ruhana?” Vineet wants to confirm.

“Yes, Vineet, tumhe pata hai na ki main ek baar kisi ko dekhti hun toh phir unko pehchanne mein galti nahi kar sakti

“Yes, Vineet, tumhe pata hai na ki main ek baar kisi ko dekhti hun toh phir unko pehchanne mein galti nahi kar sakti.” She looks at him.

“Han, lekin unka naam, is enterprise se kyun jud raha hain? I mean mujhe toh vo thik hi lage they.” Vineet reasons.

“Vineet, tumhe vo thik isliye lage kyunki tum achche ho. Par dekho unka naam is company se jud raha hai jo dusri companies ke sath fraud kar rahi hai. Aur humne bhi unse milne ka plann kiya hai.” Ruhana reminds him.

Vineet nods and he makes a call. He talks for a little while, and the tension lines on his face are enough to tell that the matter is serious. He turns to Ruhana and tells her that the news is true and that this fake company, R&D Enterprises, is fooling innocent people and looting them. She looks worried; they’ve invited them to their office and if they deal, it’d be a loss for them. He comforts her.

“Ruhana, we have time

“Ruhana, we have time. Hum meeting ko cancel kar sakte hain. Ya phir hum unse unke crimes accept karva sakte hain.” He says.

“Vineet, please, hume risk nahi lena chahiye. Tum bas parso ki meeting cancel kar do.” Ruhana says.

Vineet smiles at her concern but tells her something: her eyes are filled with confidence. She beams at him, agreeing to his plan. Later, Vineet takes his leave.

Ruhana sees him off and finds that her daughter has fallen asleep on the couch. She slightly wakes her up and takes her to the bedroom, tucking her in bed. Ruhaani holds her hand, asking her to rest. But Ruhana frees her hand from her daughter’s grip and goes to finish her work. Twenty minutes later, she lies on the bed. Ruhaani feels her presence and snuggles close to her mom, and the two drift into sleep.

*****
The next day, early, the mother and daughter get ready for their day. Ruhana drops her daughter off at her school and she makes her way to her office. She finds Vineet already present in the cabin and she’s informed that Vineet is waiting for her already. She enters the cabin and greets him for the day.