|Chapter #4: Saving Self Respect|

Ruhana meets Vineet when she goes for the interview. She is glad to meet him after twenty long years. They used to be batchmates during college, and she almost lost her connection with him after she got married. He seems pleased and after a few more questions, appoints her for the job. Ruhana is elated and she thanks him for his efforts.

As Ruhana moves out, Ruhaani asks her about the interview and the former tells her that she has got the job.

Ruhaani chuckles and hugs her mom while Ruhana is emotional at the moment

Ruhaani chuckles and hugs her mom while Ruhana is emotional at the moment. She is glad that she has Ruhaani by her side who understands her well. They share a bond of friendship and it is a unique bond. They’re unaware that Vineet has heard them talking. Ruhaani takes hold of the folder that her mom has been holding and entangles her arm in Ruhana’s arm as the mother-daughter walk towards the exit of the office.

Besides the reception, there is a waiting lounge, where some people are sitting. A lady is there and she seems to be an experienced person. She seems to be a nice person but behind her smile, she hides her ugly persona who can't see anyone succeeding in their life. She saw Ruhana entering the ward and also saw her and Vineet talking in a friendly way through the see-through wall. Also, she has seen him looking at the mother and daughter duo.

“Did you get the job, young lady?” She asks while looking at Ruhaani.

“Yes, my Mumma got it

“Yes, my Mumma got it. ” Ruhaani says proudly.

“Mumma? I mean did she go for the interview? In this age!” the lady asks, taunting Ruhana of her age.

“Yeah! She’s a fashion designer. Main toh abhi school mein padhti hoon.” Ruhaani says.

“Oh! Mujhe laga tumhara interview tha, beta. Mujhe laga ki tumhe job dilaane ke liye tumhari mom hamare boss se mili thi. Lagta hain ki ye hamare boss ko bhi jaanti hain. Mujhe nahi laga tha ki tumhe itni jaldi job mil jayegi, Sir itni jaldi kisi ko kaam par nahi rakhte.” the lady taunts, while looking at Ruhana.