|Chapter #5: Conversing|

Ruhana gets a job in Vineet’s company and Vineet happens to be her long-lost friend. She is elated and so is Ruhaani. The mother-daughter duo celebrates her job and does shopping with each other. Ruhana is elated with the fact that now she has a job and her daughter is also by her side. They reach home by 4 PM and after relaxing for a while, Ruhaani makes coffee while her mom arranges all the stuff they got from the market.

This is a rented home and so, though they have different rooms, all their stuff is arranged in the cupboards of Ruhana’s room while in the other room, Ruhana has arranged a bed and desk so that her daughter can study comfortably. Life is good for them. And now, all Ruhana wants is to buy a better home for her daughter and herself.

Ruhaani enters the room and finds her mom arranging the stuff. She keeps the tray on the side table and makes Ruhana sit on the bed, she climbs the bed and sits across from her mother.

“Mumma, aap relax karo. Kal se aapko bhi office jaana hai.” Ruhaani says softly.

“Han bache, usi ki toh preparation kar rahi hun. Kal tumhe bhi toh school jana hai.” Ruhana says.

“Han par itna tension mat lo

“Han par itna tension mat lo. You should be happy. Aur aapko pata hai, main toh bahut khush hoon. Aap ye kaam karne ke liye ready ho gayi. Acha laga mujhe.” Ruhaani says and her words touch Ruhana’s heart.

“Beta, yeh toh karna hi tha na

“Beta, yeh toh karna hi tha na. Shuruaat toh karni padegi na. Aur jo kuch humne socha hai, wo bhi hum slowly shuru karenge.” Ruhana says with a smile.

“Sachi, Mumma? Are you interested in that?” Ruhaani asks, her eyes shimmering with joy.

“Han meri jaan! Tumhara idea hain toh hum uspe bhi kaam karenge, beta.” Ruhana smiles as she sips her coffee.