|Chapter #23: Conversing|

Vineet returns home early and Ruhaani is surprised to get a present from him. She excitedly unwraps the gift and she's surprised to find a tablet, too-a writing tablet. She looks at him and he blinks his eyes, telling her that it's for her. Along with it, there's an art kit, which includes sketch pencils, all types of colours and unlimited canvas. Ruhaani is awestruck.

"Ye sab mere liye?" She asks innocently.

"Of course. Tablet for your studies and art kit for your hobbies. Tumhari mumma ne mujhe bataya ki tumhe art bahut pasand hain, so, this is for you." He smiles at her warmly.

"Par itna saara!! Main nahi le sakti

"Par itna saara!! Main nahi le sakti." Ruhaani denies.

Okay, she knows him well, but these gifts are so expensive. She's well aware that he's doing this to cheer her up. But that's okay. It's obvious for her to miss her mom, he doesn't need to spend money on her.

"Kyun nahi le sakti? Tumhari Mumma laati toh..." He argues but she interrupts him.

"Mumma mere liye laati hain, aur aap bhi mere liye laye hain, main jaanti hoon, lekin ye itna expensive hain

"Mumma mere liye laati hain, aur aap bhi mere liye laye hain, main jaanti hoon, lekin ye itna expensive hain. Aap mera mood cheer karne ke liye laaye na ye sab? Par I am fine. Mumma ko pata chalega toh vo gussa hongi." Ruhaani explains her point, while Vineet just smiles.

This girl is very self-respectful, just like her mother. Ruhana never lets him do anything for her, except when it's a genuine gift. Ruhaani is truly the cast shadow of her mom. She knows that it's a gift but she can't let anyone spend so much money on her except her mother. Also, the mother and daughter have been planning to get a tablet, which they couldn't because of their work schedule, and here it is now. She can't push herself to accept it. Had it been anyone else, they'd have taken it right away. His trance breaks with her voice.

"Sorry uncle, I know aap bahut pyar se leke aaye they, lekin ye ..." She begins to apologise, but Vineet holds her hand and makes her sit on the couch.

"Ruhaani, tum hi kehti ho na main tumhara dost hoon, toh doston se toh gifts le sakte hain na? Aur phir main ye art kit toh tumhe tumhare birthday pe gift karne wala tha, phir maine socha aaj hi kyun nahi? Please aise mana mat karo." He explains.