|Chapter - 18: Visiting his Home|

Ruhaani and Ruhana are at their favourite restaurant and order the food. The mother and daughter are busily talking when someone intervenes between them.

“May I join you two?” A masculine voice falls into their ears.

“Vineet uncle? What a pleasant surprise!” Ruhaani chuckles and makes a seat for him on the two-seater chair

“I saw you two entering here, so I came to say hello.” He smiles.

“Par tum yahan kya kar rahe they? Aur kahan se dekh liya tumne hume?” Ruhana asks.

“Yahan paas mein  jo Sunshine High Restaurant hai, main wahan aaya tha aur nikal hi raha tha ki tumhe dekh liya. Socha tumhe sath hi ghar le chalun.” He says.

“Vineet, tum ghar jao, hume abhi time lagega. Aur mujhe packing bhi karni hai. Hum shaam ko aa jayenge.” Ruhana says.

“You can take your time. I can wait.” Vineet says with a smile.

“Jaanti hoon, lekin tumhara zyada time nahi lungi main

“Jaanti hoon, lekin tumhara zyada time nahi lungi main. Tum chaho toh Ruhaani ko apne saath le ja sakte ho.” Ruhana suggests she feels he’s just investing his time in her.

“Arey nahi, Ruhana, I can wait.” he insists.

“Uncle, you’re too sweet

“Uncle, you’re too sweet. Lekin Mumma is right. Mujhe bhi mera kuch samaan pack karna hai. Aur phir aaj ka hi din hai na, raat ko toh main aapke ghar pe rahungi.” Ruhaani says innocently.

Vineet smiles and agrees with her. Meanwhile, their order is served.  Before leaving, he asks them to come home on time. Ruhana agrees and he takes his leave. The mother and daughter continue having their lunch.

“Vineet uncle is shweet, hai naa!” Ruhaani chuckles.

“Haan, aur isliye tujhe bhi sab cheezon ka dhyan rakhna hoga

“Haan, aur isliye tujhe bhi sab cheezon ka dhyan rakhna hoga. He’s being super sweet to you.” Ruhana says meaningfully.

“ I know, Mumma. I will take care. Aap itni chinta mat karo.” Ruhaani says.

The two have fun at lunch and they talk about various things that are happening in their life. Ruhana instructs her daughter yet again about staying at Vineet’s home. With all such thoughts, they reach home.

The mother and daughter plop down on the couch and some time later, Ruhaani prepares tea for her mom and herself. Meanwhile, Ruhana finalises packing for her daughter and zips the bag. She also asks her daughter to check the things once, at which the girl lets it flow and busily packs her books, her exams are coming soon.

Ruhana is packing her clothes when Ruhaani hugs her mother. She’s excited and sad at the same time. Ruhana kisses her head lovingly and Ruhaani hugs her, crossing her arms around her waist.

“I will miss you, Mumma.” She says it lowly.

“I will miss you too, lekin kaam bhi toh zaroori hai

“I will miss you too, lekin kaam bhi toh zaroori hai. Aur tune hi kaha tha na main jaun, phir ab tu kyun aise udaas ho rahi hai?” Ruhana says it softly.

“Main udaas nahi hoon, Mumma, lekin kabhi aapke bina rahi nahi hoon na, aur iss baar toh Vineet uncle ke ghar pe rehna hai.” She says she’s quite shy when she has to live in a new place.
“Isliye toh maine kaha tha ki main nahi jaati hoon, lekin tum aur tumhare buddy ko manzoor nahi tha. I can still change the plan.” Ruhana says.

“Noo! No change in plan. Aap jao. Anyway, aapne packing karli?” Ruhaani looks at the luggage her mom has set up.

“Han betu, sab ho gaya. Ab hume chalna chahiye. Main chahti hoon mere samne hi tum set ho jao. Kal toh mujhe nikalna hi hai.” Ruhana says and her daughter agrees.

****
A little while later, Ruhaani and Ruhana reach Vineet’s home. It’s quite a big bungalow, and they are in awe of it. Mrinal welcomes them at the door and makes them sit on the couch. She also shows a room on the first floor to Ruhaani. As they head into the room, Ruhaani chuckles with joy. Her room in the flat is small but comfortable, but she has not seen such a huge room before. She thanks Mrinal and hugs her

The room is huge, there’s a large window on one side and a bed is placed near the window. There’s a desk on the right side of the window. And there’s a cupboard across the bed and a dressing table beside it. The room is elegant in itself.

Ruhana helps Ruhaani arrange the room. Mrinal even tells her that she could use the almirah too, which is empty. Ruhaani places her books on the study table, and soon it looks like her own place.

As the two turn around, they find Vineet standing at the door, leaning on the wall. He’s smiling, and at the same time, Mrinal calls Ruhaani and the girl runs out of the room, while Ruhana says something to Vineet leaving him touched.

To Be Continued.

What did  Ruhana say?

Stay tuned.