|Chapter #11: Conversations|

Ruhaani sleeps cosily, snuggling her mother. Ruhana covers Ruhaani and herself with a duvet and sighs deeply. Her daughter and her friend are adamant about sending her to London, though she also wants to go, but she doesn’t want to leave her daughter alone back in India. Her motherly instinct is not allowing her to make the decision.

Ruhana gazes at her daughter; she knows that Ruhaani will manage well. The girl even managed her when it was her day of interview; then she can manage herself. Also, Vineet has assured Ruhana that he will take good care of her daughter. Ruhana is thinking about all of it when her phone beeps. She picks up the phone from the side table, making sure that her daughter is comfortably sleeping. Her lips curve into a smile as she reads the message from Vineet. The message reads:

"I know it's not right for your motherly instinct, but it’s right for you. Your step will not only make me happy but also make your daughter proud. Tum hi kehti thi na ki shaadi se ya maa ban jaane se zindagi khatm nahi hoti. Toh tum kyun peeche hat rahi ho? Tum dekhna, aage jaake Ruhaani ko tum par naaz hoga. Aur vo toh hai bhi tumhari parchchai, jaise tum dikhaogi, waisi wo ban jayegi. Baaki, tumhara decision hain.”

Ruhana is touched by the message

Ruhana is touched by the message. She replies that she will discuss this tomorrow in the morning. She glances at her daughter and it seems like she’s still telling her to take advantage of the opportunity. Her eyes shimmer with joy as she makes the decision in the dark night. Content with her decision, she turns towards Ruhaani, who cuddles her, and then she falls asleep.

*****
The next morning, Ruhana wakes up and finds Ruhaani sleeping. She kisses her head softly and moves to freshen up. She takes a quick shower and gets ready for the day. She looks content with the decision she made last night. She comes out of the washroom and finds Ruhaani awake. The girl jumps over to her mother and hugs her; that’s her way of greeting her for the day. Also, Ruhaani has this habit of cuddling with her mom every morning. Ruhana ruffles her hair and asks her to get ready. She looks at her.

“Mumma, aapne kya socha hai?” Ruhaani asks about her decision

“Kuch toh socha hai, lekin tumhe sham ko batuangi. Abhi jao, ready ho jaao.” Ruhana looks at her daughter.