।Chapter #27: Her Arrival।

Ruhaani is touched by Vineet's gesture as he invites her friends at his home and let them celebrate. As her friends leave the house, and she finds herself alone with Vineet, she immediately hugs him, taking him by surprise. He is stunned but he embraces her in his arms while she thanks him.

"Thank you, uncle. Aapne mere liye party organise ki aur ye dress bhi laaye. Aapko pata hai jitna khayal aapne rakha hai na, mere dad ne bhi kabhi nahi rakha."

"Agar aap pehle hi meri mumma ko mil jaate toh kitna achcha hota na, uncle

"Agar aap pehle hi meri mumma ko mil jaate toh kitna achcha hota na, uncle." She exclaims innocently, while Vineet is touched.

He just stares at the girl in awe. Is she comparing him to her biological father? Does this mean that he has done a good job in taking care of her? Will Ruhana be pleased when she comes back from London? However, he wavers off his thoughts and his mind ponders over Ruhaani's father. Did the man ever love Ruhaani and her mother? His trance breaks when Ruhaani calls him another time.

"Aap sun rahe hain na, uncle? Aap meri mumma ki tarah kahan kho jaate ho?" She questions innocently.

"Kuch nahi, beta! Tumhe maza aaya na party mein, wohi important hai mere liye." he smiles.

"Mujhe toh bahut mazaa aaya, main Mumma ko bataungi. Thank you!" She says and kisses his cheek, taking him by surprise for another time.

"You're the best!" She chuckles and runs into her room.

He stands rooted at his place, delighted by Ruhaani's words. He's glad if she thinks that he should have met Ruhana earlier. Maybe then, she'd have been his daughter, his part! But she can be the same even today, she has given her silent permission already. But hey, it'd be too early to say that. He needs to talk to her mother urgently. Only then, he can take any decision.

On his way into his room, he peeps inside Ruhaani's room and finds her talking to her mother. He lets them talk, giving them much-needed privacy. His conversation with Ruhana can wait.

*****
Another week passes by. It's the day of Ruhana's return. Her daughter is quite excited, she can go home. She insists to Vineet that she will accompany him to the airport. Though he's hesitant, he agrees to take her along. The girl is excited to have her mother back in town after two months. On the way to the airport, they pass by a flower shop and she asks him to stop the car.