|Chapter #25: Deciphering Feelings|

“Mumma! Aapse ek baat kahun?”

“Yahan par sab mera khayal rakhte hain. Aapko pata hain, Dadi roz meri pasand ka khana banati hain, wo bhi khud se. Main unko kehti hoon ki main sab kha lungi, par vo mujhse puchti hain, phir banati hain.”

“Vineet uncle is sweet! Vo Dad se bahut alag hain. Kaash Dad unki tarah hote….”

“Jitna vineet uncle karte hain na utni care dad ne toh kabhi nahi ki meri. You know what, he’s perfect, aapko na pehle hi Vineet uncle ko choose kar lena chahiye tha.”

“He’s so considerate. Mere bas mein hota toh main aapki aur vineet uncle ki shadi karva deti.”

It’s just been two weeks that she is staying with Vineet and his mother, but she is always praising him. Yeah, it’s been six months since Ruhaani and Vineet met, and they share a cordial bond with each other. But now, after staying with him, and noticing his behaviour closely, she thinks that he’s a better person than her biological father. Of course, he’s taking all the responsibilities that a father should.

And wedding? Is the girl serious?

However, Ruhana hasn’t thought of it. She takes him as a good friend, though, he is more than that. He often drops her to her house, he comes to pick her up, there are times when Ruhaani is getting late, so he drops her to school as well. And yeah, sparks are igniting in the society. People feel that she’s a divorcee and a mother, and it’s shameful for some other guy to drop her home. Well, they take it as an affair.

Meanwhile, Vineet is unaffected by the same. He feels that they have formed a beautiful relationship, and it’s not bound to have a name. Therefore, they don’t need to be scared. Ruhana feels the same and therefore, she doesn’t pay heed to the people in society.

But, her daughter’s words have stirred the unsaid emotions in her. She’s been quietly adoring him, liking his presence around her, but, her daughter has pushed her to think.

However, her thoughts won’t help. What if he thinks otherwise? Though, she has noticed his gestures around her, he has turned warm towards her, if she’s doing overtime, he stays back and drops her at her home safely. He’s highly caring for Ruhaani, and it hits Ruhana’s heartstrings.