The Contract

Tejasswi's heart was beating at its fastest pace. She was pondering after offering herself to be a bride to an unknown person without even looking at him, but it turned out she hit the jackpot.

'Isn't he Karan Kundrra, the renowned business tycoon? There's a rumor about him that Richie Rich even forgot the count of the number of his businesses.  The cherry on top is the sole owner of Royman Productions, who only gives blockbuster movies to the industry. Born with a golden spoon or owning a lucky charm?'

'Did I just propose the prominent ruthless businessman, who never smiles?' Tejasswi thought while fidgeting with her fingers, and small sweat drops formed on her forehead.

"Excuse me......." Karan's cold and heavy voice jerked Tejasswi out of her thoughts.

She looked at his frowning face and realized she was still wearing the mask and shades, which she always does to avoid unnecessary attention.

She immediately removed the barrier and revealed her face to Karan Kundrra.

Have a good look at your soon-to-be.

"Tejasswi Sharma, the washed-up actress?" Karan said while taking off his shade.

'Ahh, should I be glad for being recognized by him or offended for being called washed-up?'

She looked around in embarrassment and put on my shades again.

"Ahem......"

Karan cleared his throat and opened the door of his Rolls-Royce for Tejasswi. She looked again all around, scared of being pictured, and hoped in after hesitating for a moment. Karan shut the door.

He then looked at Ronny, making him bow and disappear, then he hoped in the car from another side.

"Miss Tejasswi, why are you here?" Karan asked tentatively. He needs to interview the girl who offered herself to get married to him.

If she were any random girl, he wouldn't be cautious, but before getting hooked up with a celebrity, he wants to know her reasons.

"For the cause, you are here?" Tejasswi answered immediately.

"Hmm, I see. Was he the rumored non-celebrity boyfriend?" Karan raised his eyebrows.

Tejasswi was slightly shocked. He knows quite a lot about her as he's a business celebrity and does not belong to the same industry.

"How does it matter who he was, right?" Tejasswi answered and raised her eyebrows.

Karan released a sigh, impressed. She is not intimated by his wealth and power. He liked it.

"Wasn't it working between you two?" Karan asked another question, looking sharply at Tejasswi's face and reading her expressions.

Tejasswi's face frowned, and she looked at him, making her big doe eyes even bigger.

'Obviously it didn't happen; that's why I proposed to you?'

Karan realized he asked a wasteful question; otherwise, she wouldn't be in front of him. "Alright, forget it."

Ronny knocked on the window to disturb their conversation. Karan slid down the glass and took a file from him, then slid it up again.

"To be truthful, Miss Tejasswi, I have nothing to do with your past or ex; you are my present and could be my future if you followed the required conditions." Karan said he forwarded the file to her.

"What?" Tejasswi took the file in confusion and flipped its pages.

"This will be a contract marriage of 1 year; during this period, you have to prove yourself the most eligible for being the wife of Karan Kundrra." Karan said this with pride, pushing Tejasswi into deep thoughts.

'That's even better; I am getting married to him to plan my vengeance on Rohan and Rashmi. To make them regret it by flaunting my powerful husband in front of them. If we fall apart after one year, I will be gladder.' Tejasswi thought and nodded.

"Fair enough......."

"During this span, we both can continue our separate lives with personal space, but we can't hide anything from each other. Is that ok with you?"

"Fine......"

"This contract marriage should be kept secret between only a few until I announce it publicly." I will not tolerate any mistake about it."

God had sent the perfect opportunity for Tejasswi. He put forth all the conditions she wanted.

"Sure......" Tejasswi immediately sighed in her heart.

It seems like a perfect match.

"Great, then sign the contract." Karan beckoned at the file and gave her a pen.

A few moments later, after signing the contract, both walked out of the civil affairs office with their marriage certificates. Tejasswi's hands were sweating and her heart was beating rapidly about the decision she made.

The newly married couple was heading to the parking lot together when suddenly Karan held Tejasswi's arm, snatched her mobile, and kept it in front of her face to unlock it after switching the screen on.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"A husband shouldn't contact his wife's manager to get her contact number, right?" Karan said while dialing his number and showing the screen to Tejasswi.

It was his number, and his mobile rang. He returned her phone. "Save my personal number."

Then he opened the door of Tejasswi's white Audi as a gentleman.

"I will call you... Karan said with action after she hoped in and bid bye to her. She only nodded her head and sighed.

"Boss, Miss Kiran fled without any trace, and her father is creating a fuss." Ronny reported to Karan, who was still looking at the tail of Tejasswi's white Audi, disappearing gradually with deep thoughts.

Transfer $100 million into his account and get rid of him, or else I will sue him." Karan spoke carelessly.

"What? Are you sure, boss? Why did you prioritize a washed-up actress over the daughter of a businessman?"

Karan turned around and gave a sharp glare to Ronny to warn him. He crouched his head.

'Tejasswi Sharma, the most successful actress of her era and many awards winner titled as the goddess of beauty, left the industry two years ago on her own will. It's rude to call her washed-up, isn't it?' Karan thought.

"I respect a self-made person more than a spoiled girl who lives off of her dad's money."

Karan hoped in the car while dialing a number: "I want every detail of the actress Tejasswi Sharma, personal and professional, her struggle and achievements since the beginning." He drove off after an authoritative order.

Tejasswi dawdled to her apartment feeling exhausted. She had fallen on the bed, and tears rolled down her face.

She recalled the entire incident from the day before and cried vigorously while thinking about the heart-piercing betrayal from the person she loved the most.

'I could expect anything from Rashmi; even though she was my desiner once, she is the most envious of me. I was the one who gave her a break to work with celebrities, and instead of being grateful, she was always resentful. She can do anything to hurt me, but Rohan, why do you have to do this?'

'You could have told me if you would have fallen out of love rather than cheating on me. I want to be indifferent and move on, but it hurts. Rohan, I will never forgive you for this.'

'I promise I will make you both regret it all your lives for doing this to me.'

Even though Tejasswi planned her revenge, she couldn't get over the betrayal.

It was painful, and she cried for a long time.