Truth Behind the Lies

Frozen in place, Tejasswi withheld her breath as the gun remained pointed at her. After a short pause, she subtly turned her head to size up Sudha from the corner of her eyes, as Sudha continued to cry out and intimidate those around her.

She capitalized on this chance, promptly clasped the hand wielding the gun, directed it upwards, then deftly twisted it, causing the weapon to drop, and restrained both of her hands behind her back. With her proficiency in martial arts, she swiftly subdued her in a matter of moments.

In a swift motion, the officer advanced and handcuffed Sudha, as two lady cops quickly positioned themselves on either side, taking hold of her hands.

"Tejasswi, you bitch, I will kill you." Sudha roars like an animal.

"Officer, just lead her out of here," Sanjay said.

"Hold on..." Tejasswi's sharp tone brought everyone to a standstill.

She walked over to Sudha, took her stance, and questioned, "When and how did I offend you? What's the origin of this deep-seated hostility?"

Since Sudha's real face was revealed to Tejasswi, she was wondering when they crossed paths in the past and what wrong she did to Sudha to make her after her life.

With an intense, venomous gaze, Sudha locked eyes with Tejasswi. "I despise you to the core. It's your fault the first phase of my plan fell apart. Life is handed to people like you on a silver platter, while I had to fight tooth and nail to get here."

"Are you attempting to feign sympathy? There are countless individuals who face hardships, yet they don't resort to a life of crime," Tejasswi countered, her disdain unwavering.

"So what option did I have left with ambitions as grand as mine? Being raised in a lousy slum in a family of the poorest means, my dreams were always boundless."

"My sister's beauty outshone mine, leading her to marry the prosperous car dealer Atul Shetty and relocate to a more opulent neighborhood. Meanwhile, as for being considered average, I was often subjected to unwelcome advances of lecherous."

What?

Atul Shetty's former wife was Sudha's sister. That's a new revelation for the family.

"Is that the reason you took my mom's life?" Shamita questioned, tears streaming down her face, shattering the silence that had gripped her for so long.

"Your mom?"

"Who?"

This came as yet another blow for the Kundrra family. They harbored a sense of being kept in the shadows about numerous matters.

"I'm guilty as charged." Sudha confessed boldly, her ironic chuckle adding to the confusion in the room.

"You all had no clue, did you? Shamita is not my daughter; she's my sister Nidhi's child. This is a secret that even Karan Kundra failed to unearth. Wow," she divulged with a triumphant grin.

"How could you betray your own sister like that?" Tejasswi's voice held a mixture of disbelief and compassion for Shamita.

It was a revelation, the first time she fully understood the depth of Shamita's misery, particularly in the financial realm.

"In order to marry Atul, I got Raju on board to tamper with Nidhi's car, leading to the tragic accident that ended her life."

"Although Atul married me with the intention of providing for his two-year-old daughter, he never financially supported me or shared his property as he had with Nidhi. Forced into a corner, I left with no other option than to eliminate him to secure my claim to his assets."