Retail Adventure

Karan drove Tejasswi to a designer's studio on the outskirts.

"I'm curious, who is this designer? I'm well-acquainted with most of the renowned designers, and none of them have a studio nearby," Tejasswi remarked upon exiting the car.

"This designer might not be on your radar," Karan stated, his arm gently draped around her waist as they strolled.

They were guided to a generous waiting lounge, and the designer appeared after a short 5-minute wait.

"Hey Karan, long time no see..." A man in his late fifties walked in and greeted Karan cheerfully.

Karan got up and hugged him. "Hey Mandy, how are you doing?"

Seeing Karan genuinely friendly and beaming with a wholehearted smile surprised Tejasswi. She was accustomed to seeing him with a stern expression, always surrounded by business associates and subordinates.

She held the designer in her gaze for a few minutes, then leaped with joy when she recognized him.

"Designer Mandy Kashyap?"

Karan and Mandy spotted Tejasswi's gleeful face in surprise.

"Do you know him?" Karan asked.

"Oh, absolutely! Mandy Kashyap is a name I know well. During my time majoring in fashion design, he was an inspiration for many students at the university."

Mandy took a step and shook hands with Tejasswi. "It's nice meeting you."

"So do I..." She was enthusiastic to see him in person.

Karan clenched his lips and said it playfully. "Were you quite famous?"

"Ask her..." Mandy signaled at Tejasswi.

Karan and Mandy's attention returned to Tejasswi, who remained lost in a dreamy reverie.

"His summer launches were legendary for their unparalleled uniqueness. He holds the remarkable distinction of winning the Best Designer award three years in a row. There's much more to his story, but how did you get acquainted with him?"

The sight of Karan greeting Mandy like an old friend, regardless of the age gap, left Tejasswi with a sense of curiosity and wonder.

"Mandy is my uncle on my mom's side, practically a cousin to her. Back then, he used to design exclusively for one kid on the planet—that's me."

Tejasswi's eyes widened in astonishment. "That's incredible! You've been donning Mandy's creations since you were a kid."

During her university years, she was an enthusiastic devotee of Mandy Kashyap and would have gone to great lengths to have a personal encounter with him. Sadly, he disappeared from the industry out of the blue.

"The tale doesn't stop; I'm still wearing his designs."

Though Karan revealed a surprise, it led Tejasswi to frown.

"How can this be possible? The entire nation knows that Mandy retired, left the industry all of a sudden, and relocated overseas." Tejasswi asked.

"Yes, he moved to a small town in the UK."

"Let's not dwell on tabloid gossip. Can we proceed with the work you're here for?" Mandy said, steering the conversation back on track.

Mandy asked his team to fetch the designs he had gotten ready, while Karan and Tejasswi sat on the couch, waiting.

"You still have a skeleton in your closet, and I know nothing." Tejasswi said to Karan in baritone.

"So do you..." He refuted in the same tone.