Legal Turmoil

The room fell into stillness as Kunal turned off the TV, finally escaping the clamor of unnecessary news. Just then, Aneri barged in, clearly annoyed, her phone refusing to stop ringing.

"Why the hesitation? Just answer the call," Kunal advised, pointing at her phone.

"I think I'll pass. I'm just too furious," Aneri remarked, sliding the red button to disconnect the call, leaving others taken aback by her unprofessional demeanor. This is out of character for her.

"Now, what's wrong with you?" Tejasswi wondered aloud, arching an eyebrow.

"Since the news hit the airwaves, my phone hasn't stopped ringing with calls from either managers or assistants of directors and production houses, all expressing interest in launching Saanjh."

"This is exasperating! Teju, I've been telling you. These news channels need a reality check," Karan voiced his frustration.

"Karan, directing your anger this way will only harm someone who's not involved, and the actual culprit will go free. Who do you want to target—the reporters, editors, senior editor, director, or chairman behind this false news? It's time to let go of this matter," Tejasswi argued confidently, putting an end to the discussion.

Before Karan had a chance to react, the intercom chimed, and a guard informed about a court notice for Tejasswi Sharma.

"A court notice? Please bring him in."

Following Karan's instruction, a guard ushered a man in. Tejasswi signed and accepted the documents while everyone held their breath, waiting for her to read them. Her face went pale, and she sank onto the couch, clutching the paper.

Karan grabbed it from Tejasswi's hand and quickly scanned the contents.

"What's that, Karan?"

"What's wrong?"

There was a palpable mix of curiosity and anxiety among everyone, eager to uncover the nature of this new legal trouble in their lives.

"Rohan Kapoor has sent a legal letter, alleging that Tejasswi took his daughter without informing him following his ex-wife's demise, which he regards as a fraudulent act. He is demanding the return of his daughter, or we'll have to appear in Saanjh's custody case in two days."

Karan went into great detail about the court notice, leaving the whole family in shock. They fired off a barrage of questions at him, to which he had no answers.

"Everyone, please relax. I'm as clueless as you are about all of this," Karan said, while reaching for his phone to call Vicky.

"Boss, we're en route to your place," Vicky reported, hanging up as soon as he answered the call.

In less than ten minutes, Vicky and Shivangi were by Karan's side, engrossed in the legal notice, as the rest of the family were at the edge of their seats, waiting anxiously. Only Tejasswi sat in silence, occupied, with Saanjh cradled in her arms.

"Boss, don't let this notice bother you. We have all the legal documentation for Saanjh's adoption. No one can take her from you and Miss Sharma," Vicky reassured after pursuing the legal notice and letting out a deep sigh, as it's not something to be worried about.

His reassuring words caused everyone to finally exhale the tension, except Tejasswi. She remained preoccupied, still wrestling with her own thoughts.

"Teju, why are you still upset? Nothing will go wrong. Our angel will be with us forever, I promise. I'll give my all to keep that promise, so please don't worry," Karan said, trying to uplift Tejasswi's spirits.