Surprise

"What?" Karan raised his eyebrows and stood before Aneri, stuffing his hands in his jeans pocket.

Aneri got back to her senses. "No, you are taking it all wrong." She stuttered.

Karan swept a glance at Aneri from head to toe and said, "Even your body language say it all; then why lie?"

He stretched his hand to the back of Aneri, and she scooted over hurriedly to see him held the knob of the door behind her. He twisted the knob to open the door and marched in.

Partially, Aneri was relaxed; he didn't pay heed to her lie, but she realized he could reveal it to Tejasswi. She followed him.

"Ahem...." She cleared her throat. "Mr. Kundrra, are you here for something important?"

"Sort of....." Karan replied carelessly and pulled a chair in front of a long table that has three computer screens, screening Tejasswi and her co-star from different angles.

"What's going on? What's this chamber for?" Aneri asked in surprise.

She didn't expect something so unusual behind the door of the most isolated corner of the basement of this studio.

"Huh?" Karan looked at her with a frown and furrowed one eyebrow.

'What's with this glare? Am I alien? Perhaps I am the one, who dared to question him, being all friendly to the renowned business devil.

"I told you before, I hate secretive people. I would rather disown you than be worn out to think that you have a skeleton in the closet."

Tejasswi's dialogue with her co-star during the shoot jolted Aneri. She zoomed out of her thoughts.

"I am sorry for being out of line." She said to Karan

'Though I am annoying him, I have to do this.' She pulled a chair next to Karan and sat there brazenly.

"It's fine. This is the cabin I have them construct to watch over the shooting by my team." Karan replied.

He didn't want to be rude to the people dear to Tejasswi.

"Oh, so you are here to watch the shooting?"

"Hmm....."

"Priya, please let it go just once. Please forgive me." The co-star pulled Tejasswi and hugged her.

Karan got uneasy after watching the scene and fisted the edge of the armrest.
"I hate you; you are so bad, Rahul." Priya, the character, said

"I know, Priya, that you love me the way I do." Rahul, the character, held Priya's face and kissed her.

Karan's eyes were spitting fire at the screen, and his arms were bulging.

Aneri observed Karan's uneasiness and chuckled inwardly. 'He is a possessive husband inside a hard-core businessman.'

"Oh, I thought you were here to see Teju. She is being too workaholic lately, isn't she?" Aneri said, looking at him tentatively.

'Am I getting evident? Ahh, at this rate, I will be at the top of the list of the most pathetic people this month. Darn my family.' Karan thought with dismay

"This isn't true...." He stiffened his face and said it with his usual cold tone.

"I see......" Aneri stretched her words, knowing he was covering.
"Ahem....." A minute later, she again cleared her throat and initiated the conversation. "Mr. Kundrra, sorry for being meddlesome, but you two must take some time off from work and family."

"What?" Karan frowned again. 'Though she is speaking my heart out, it's not rocket science.'

"Yes, it would be nice if director Khanna would plan an outdoor shoot." Aneri blabbered to herself