Nocturnal Confessions

Karan, in a sharp and unforgiving tone, said, "Your hidden daughter, sheltered by your sister to keep your secret safe, It's no wonder you've shown Rashmi favoritism. She's your own flesh and blood, leaving Tejasswi in the shadows."

From the moment Tejasswi let slip her family's tale in a drunken haze back in London, Karan couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to it. This suspicion led him to instruct Vicky to unearth the whole truth, and the revelation about Shekhar was nothing short of shocking.

Despite Sudha's attempts at blackmail, he knew he had to make a stand to safeguard it. If not, Tejasswi's reputation could have been irreparably tarnished.

Shekhar was astounded beyond words. The thought never crossed his mind that the secret he had hidden for so long would come to light in front of his son-in-law.

His face went ashen as he posed the question in a shaky voice, "Did you confide in Tejasswi about this?"

If she becomes aware, it could signify the closing of the door on any chance to make amends, and there's a chance his wife and son may choose to walk away as well.

Witnessing the apprehension in Shekhar's eyes, Karan shook his head solemnly. "Absolutely not. Though it crossed my mind, I couldn't bring myself to add to her troubles. The thought of the pain he'd endure if she were to learn this by chance is too much for me to bear."

"I'm begging you, please, not to breathe a word of this to my family. I'll do whatever it takes to owe this favor."

"I don't play business games in relationships. Your secret is locked with me till eternity, and I'm the man of my words. Don't fret."

After finishing his statement, Karan stepped into the elevator and hit the button for the 52nd floor.

After three months, under the cover of the night, Karan stood on his room's balcony, deeply immersed in thoughts of the past, having just soothed a weary Tejasswi to sleep.

'The following day, I saw the Sharma family off, delivering a firm response that Tejasswi would have no involvement with Rashmi or her child. Over the past three months, I have not once reconsidered my stance, for I possess neither Tejasswi's leniency nor a penchant for reversing my decisions.'

'Sleep eludes me tonight, for I've uncovered cracks in my own convictions. It's Tejasswi, my dear, who's brought this revelation to light.'

'During the afternoon, I set out to find Tejasswi for lunch and learned that she had made a visit to an orphanage. To my astonishment, what was even more remarkable was that she had been a frequent visitor for the past three months. I trailed her and discovered that she is generously supporting the education and welfare of all the children at 'Little Angel Orphanage.' Upon inquiry, the director confided that Tejasswi wanted to keep it under wraps.'

'It seems my real-life philanthropist arrived at this decision after being moved by the charity event on New Year's Eve. I watched her interact with the little ones from a distance, and I couldn't help but notice how her eyes would glisten with emotion.'

'This scene stirred a deep ache within me. She has such a fondness for children, but after the loss of her own baby, her body needs to recuperate before she can think about conceiving again. Tejasswi's pain inadvertently drew parallels to Rashmi's approaching due date.'

'I'm currently grappling with guilt over concealing this from Tejasswi, and I'm seriously considering the Sharma family's request. Maybe it's time I disclose it to Tejasswi and allow her to make the choice. It doesn't sit right with me to keep this hidden, especially when we pledged to be transparent with one another.'

In a moment of deep reflection, Karan was abruptly pulled back by a jolting voice.

"Sunny, what are you doing here at this late hour?"