Part-5

You picked up the phone and answered it ..
Y/n: hello?
Librarian: hello? Am I talking to miss y/n?
Y/n: yes , yes you are.
Librarian: oh good evening mam, actually i called u to remind u about the book you issued last week. But now the second week is about to end, can you please lend us the book back today?
Y/n: t-today!?? But it's so dark outside now!
Librarian: ik mam , I have been calling u since morning but u didn't pick up. And now we really need those books back so please try to understand , ik it's a bit late but it's just cloudy it's still evening , mam my boss is really angry so please..
Y/n: hmm yeah sure , I'm on my way ...
Librarian: thank you so much for co-operating
Y/n: no worries!
They cut the phone and Y/n packed the books wore a raincoat and went out ...
On her way...
Y/n's pov
I was walking down the street towards the city library, the rain drops falling over ~ ah! This feeling is everything to me , the patting sound is so relaxing , plus the cool air and that smell of the bread which was being baked from a corner was just making me live in the feels .
I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly I bumped into someone and the books fell in the puddle ...
Y/n: oh no I'm so sorry !!
I didn't look at the person and bent down to my books and picked em up . they're all wet! *Sad pout*
Y/n's pov ends
A/n's pov
You made a pout as u were upset that now you have to pay for it and stupid u issued 5 books together for some ideas for the topic u got last week but so busy that u didn't get time to give em back to the Library.
You looked at the books while making a sad pout while thinking all this .
That person into whom u bumped looked at you and smirked a lil, like he over heard what you thought. (Coz he actually did)
He bent down towards you and helped you in picking up the books...
A/n's pov ends
Y/n's pov
He bent down to help me , I quickly started picking up the books but accidentally I touched his back side of the hand, and to my surprise it was as cold as ice !
This was what caused me to look up at him and that's when we both looked at eachother at the same time...
He was wearing a black hoodie , he was so fair , his skin looked pale , lips were another work of art , eyes were golden-ish brown and they were beautiful! I was just lost in them , but suddenly his eyes started changing colour from golden to red ,his gaze was getting darker as he stared more into my eyes, I was observing each and every thing the way his eyes changed colour and now from red to deep red, it gave me goosebumps, it was scary and i felt my heart beat rising coz of fear. I quickly came back to my senses and went away, walking briskly.
Y/n's pov ends ..
You went away and that man stood up and turned back to look at you , he did just for a sec and started walking away.
Meanwhile you stopped and turned back to look at him and found him fading away in the rain, he was really suspicious and strange.
Y/n massaged her left temple thinking first that lady and then this man !
It was hard to ignore him but you were running late so u went towards the library
At the library ..
Librarian: thank you so much for co-operating mam .
Y/n: umm no worries , btw can u please check the books once.
Librarian: they're the same books u issued and all five of em .
Y/n: yeah but actually on my way I bumped into someone and those books fell in the puddle and got wet, so pls tell me how much do I have to pay for em.
Librarian: oh okay...umm.

She starts checking the books..

After a while
Librarian: No mam, they all are in perfect condition , nothing's wet , or damaged .
Y/n: what!!?? How could it be , mam but they're wet , I touched em with my own hands earlier they were soaked in water .
Librarian: mam it's paperback if it was wet then I could have felt it or it would have been visible too but it isn't..see it for yourself..
Y/n couldn't believe her , she touched the books with her own hands and found they were dry! And that too in perfect condition..
Y/n: what!? How could it be!?
Librarian: mam maybe they got dry on the way ..
Y/n nodded and took her leave , she was happy she didn't had to pay for em ,but couldn't accept the fact that the books got dry on the way . It was impossible !! That's when she remembered that suspicious man.
Y/n's pov:
What's going on with me since a few days aah~
I reached back home and met my neighbour's dog woofie!
My neighbour was standing there with her dog in the rain near the bus stop with an umbrella.
I greeted her and played with woofie ! I have known her since 3 years and when she bought her new dog , she's like my aunt who takes care of me and helps me when I need help. We're really close to each other. After sometime I went inside my house and changed into comfy clothes. I didn't wanted to watch Netflix anymore so I went in my room, but suddenly something curious caught my eye , all of a sudden my heartbeat rose. I felt someone's presence around me.