Machiavellianism

(A/N: I probably spelled that wrong lol)

(3rd PoV)

Once the meeting ended (and the crew had a "funeral" for Muffin, aka honoring him as his corpse was ejected into space), Blaza decided to go back to doing his tasks. He saw that he still needed to do his card swipe, so he headed over to Admin.

When he arrived at Admin, he took out his card from his pocket and attempted to swipe it across the scanner, but the scanner let out a beep and a message that read,

"Too Fast."

Blaza frowned, and attempted again, slower this time. Another beep, but this time the message read, "Too Slow."

Now this was getting infuriating. And even after five more tries, the card refused to swipe.

"Stupid machine," Blaza muttered to himself as he continued to fail the card swipe.

After maybe a full five to ten minutes, Blaza finally got the card to register. He sighed in relief.

"Finally," he said. He tucked the card back into his pocket and turned around, only to be met by Socks, who had been quietly standing there the entire time.

Blaza yelped in surprise and fell against the Admin table. He sighed.

"Jesus, Socks, you scared me!" Blaza said, chuckling nervously.

Socks just shrugged. "Well, you should keep your guard up. The impostor could be anywhere, and could be anyone."

"Impostor" was kind of the name they gave the murderer. They knew it had to be one of them, so it was kind of a fitting name. And a bit less scary than murderer or killer.

"Yeah, I guess so," Blaza replied.

Socks looked at Blaza, their eyes meeting for a solid second. But that second was all Socks needed to sort everything out.

He could feel Blaza's weak mind from where he stood.

Blaza cleared his throat. "I'm just gonna... go do my tasks-"

"Afraid?"

Blaza whipped back around at Sock's voice, that was somehow... deeper than before.

"Socks? What's up with your voice?" Blaza questioned.

"Nothing at all. I guess I'm just... figuring you out, Y'know?" Socks replied.

Socks clicked something on his watch.

The Admin door sealed itself shut.

Blaza, eyes wide with fear and confusion, turned to look at the door, then back at Socks.

Who's deep red eyes were glowing ominously.

Blaza started to walk backwards, but hit the wall. He looked up at the captain, who's face as serious as could be.

Until he smiled.

Not a good kind of smile. The kind that sent chills down one's spine, and gave one the feeling that they were in danger.

Grave danger.

"Now, usually I would just kill you right here," Socks said. He chuckled, although it sounded more like a hacking cough and a hiss put together. "But I still need you."

Suddenly, he darted forward, and Blaza felt cold metal against his neck.

The blade of a very, very sharp knife. It's silver end was stained slightly red from old blood.

The blood of 541's victims.

Sock's pupils had shrunken to little dots in his eyes at this point, but still shone bright. His teeth were debatably sharper than the knife he held at Blaza's throat. Although he held back his tentacles and second mouth - no reason in getting those out unless he needed to use them.

"HEL-" Blaza attempted to call, but Socks pressed the knife against his windpipe, cutting him off. He coughed, struggling to breathe.

Suddenly, he heard something. Someone.

A deep, demonic voice with a hacking cough spoke in his mind.

"If I let you go, you will do exactly as I say. No speaking back, no turning on me. If you do..."

Socks (in the real world), slid his finger across his own throat and chuckled. His fingers were pointed like claws, making it ten times more terrifying.

Blaza was running out of options. Either he followed Sock's directions, or he died here. Alone. Another one of the Impostor's victims.

...Fine.

Blaza felt the knife come off of his neck, and he collapsed to the ground, gasping and coughing as he fought for oxygen. Socks looked down at him, grinning his evil smile. He slipped his knife back into its hidden sheath in his sock, and his eyes went back to normal.

Well, as normal as they could be. They were obviously still red, just back to normal size.

Blaza slowly got up, and looked at Socks. Socks looked back, his arms crossed as he waited for Blaza to get up. So he got up, and rubbed his throat where Socks had pressed the knife. There was a small red mark there from the sharp blade.

"Just know," Socks said, "That if you tell anyone, and I mean anyone, about this... well, let's just say you'll be giving Muffin a visit."

And at that he opened the Admin door and walked away, leaving a confused Blaza by the Admin table.

As Socks walked out, he ran into Woolfster, who had been walking up from Storage to get to the Cafeteria. Socks, not really seeing him, bumped into him as he passed, knocking Woolf off balance. He fell against the wall, letting out a surprised yelp.

"Hey!" Woolf said. Socks glanced his direction, but immediately turned back around to walk down to Storage.

Woolf stood back up and decided to walk into Admin, thinking that the source of his grumpy mood possibly came from there. Sure enough, Blaza stood there, in a daze and kind of shocked.

"Blaza?" Woolf asked, walking up to him, "You good?"

He put his arm around Blaza, and felt him... shivering?

"You cold?" Woolf questioned Blaza. He shook his head no.

What happened in here that scared him this bad?

"You sure?"

Blaza nodded. Suddenly, he broke away from Woolfster and bolted out the door and down the hallway.

Woolf stood there, confused as to what just happened. What happened in here before Woolf came?

Woolfster just sighed, and turned to the Admin door. He had a download task near the door, so he went ahead and connected his watch to the device on the wall. Then, pressed some buttons on the screen, and he waited by the wall for the files to download.

—————————

MMMMHEHEHEHEHEE
Socks reveals his halfway true form >:]

And poor Blaza being forced into this :(
I GOT SOME PLANS FOR HIM HEHEHE

1063 words