Anomaly

(Just expect it at this point, I'm not putting the TW anymore)

(Lynn PoV)

We waited in Oof's dining room for him to return. When he did, he had what looked like a file folder in his hands.

Oof sat down and opened the folder, which contained multiple papers with a lot of writing on it. Words on the top read "SCP - 541," next to a circle symbol with three arrows pointing inwards.

"Is this what it is?" Ally asked.

"From what you have informed me of, yes," Oof replied, "541 is a Keter-class anomaly, and I, for one, knew even what we had wouldn't keep it contained for an extended amount of time. It's been studied to be smarter than some anomalies, and very dangerous."

"But how do we stop it?" I questioned.

"It's only known weakness is extreme humidity or heat," Oof sighed, "And it being in space, that'll be difficult to pull off. Unless the Skeld coincidentally crashes on Venus."

"So we just let it come and kill off humanity?" I said.

"I'm afraid that may be inevitable," Oof said, "If 541's still alive years after breaching containment, and everything that you have said is true, then it will have gained strength since we last found it."

"What? How long has this thing been free?!" I asked.

"Five years, at the least," Oof shrugged.

"How are you so casual about this?" I questioned him, exasperated.

"I help observe the anomalies. I see stuff like this a lot," Oof sighed, "Just less... catastrophic. And not always dangerous."

"They're not all dangerous?"

"Not all of them, no," Oof shrugged, "But this one is one of the more dangerous ones. Of the keter class, anyways."

"Okay, what does keter even mean?" I sighed, "Speak English, please."

"Sorry," Oof cleared his throat. "Basically, it's really hard to keep it in containment."

"Assuming it's equally difficult to get it back in containment?"

"Correct."

"What do you guys do when any other anomaly escapes?" Ally asked him.

"Well, normally, they don't find a way out of the containment facility," Oof explained, "This kind of situation is quite rare."

"Do you have a way to get them back if it happens?" I asked.

"Usually just like we got them in," He said, "541 seems... exceedingly difficult to contain."

"How'd it get out?" I asked, "Maybe that would give some hint as to how to get it back."

"It's complicated," Oof replied, rubbing his forehead, "But alright. Just know you can't tell anyone else about this. I'll be in enough trouble as it is if they find out I told you two about the Foundation."

———————

[A/N: I apologize if I get anything incorrect in this section. I'm trying my best and I'm no expert -w-]

[Flashback, about five years earlier]

Siren blared. People in yellow-green visors rushed past, all carrying large guns. Other people headed the opposite direction. A screeching could be heard.

Something had gotten out.

It wasn't uncommon for SCP-682 to breach his containment - the immortal reptile was one of the most rageful of the keter class - but something was different about the nature of this breach. 682 had shown no reported signs of attempting escape - the doors just opened and he strolled right out, seeking to wreak havoc.

And also the fact that 682 wasn't the only anomaly to escape.

SCP-541 had mysteriously disappeared, the doors to it's containment open and blood covering parts of the floor. There were definitely signs of a struggle, but now was not the time to run tests to see who it was. Most of the scientists at the Foundation were racing to evacuate.

As the immortal lizard resisted the attempts to go back it his containment, someone silently and secretly merged into the bunch of people running away. It was one of the scientists, specifically Dr. Vyllin. No one had known where he was at that time, but no one had really noticed his absence in the chaos of the moment.

But something was different.

His eyes, instead of their normal light blue, were bright red.

Vyllin's expression was also surprisingly calm. It was as if this was just a normal day, and there wasn't a giant lizard rampaging the site.

Well, you could say that's typically pretty normal for the SCP Foundation, but that's not the point.

Someone said Vyllin's name. He turned, and saw his friend, Dr. Arian, running towards him.

"Where have you been?!" He asked, "Come on, we've gotta get out of here!"

Arian pulled on Vyllin's arm, but he did not move. His face was creepily stoic.

"Ari, come on!" Arian said.

Vyllin still remained there, seemingly frozen in place. He glared icy daggers at Arian, who looked at his friend, confused and worried."

"Ari?"

Vyllin didn't reply once again.

Because he was not Ari Vyllin.

Sure, he was using his body, but his soul was deep in the back of his subconscious.

And someone, or something, else was in control.

While Arian had been trying to get Vyllin to come with him, a tentacle had silently slipped behind the scientist, poised at his neck.

He barely had time to scream as the tentacle was driven through the back of his neck.

————————

Heyyy backstory >:)

And yes Vyllin is Meme's dad, as Meme has mentioned in a previous chapter. I just grabbed a random name from my name ideas list and threw it in there \_[•v•]_/ so he's Dr Vyllin.

916 words