Suspicions

(Laff PoV)

After the meeting ended, I decided to look around for Tbh. First I checked Storage, then went around to Communications, and then turned around to go down the Electrical hallway.

I was about to check Electrical when I immediately ran into a problem.

The Electrical doors were shut and locked.

"Weird," I muttered.

Maybe this impostor has access to the door controls?

But only one person has access to that...

No, it couldn't be him. He's our captain, why would he do that? I thought to myself. I also thought back to Meme, when he was doing... some kind of sample test on what looked like a tube of blood.

Could he be the impostor?

Those thoughts immediately left my mind as the door finally opened.

And I saw Tbh laying limp on the ground, a bloody wound in his stomach.

I was about to report his body when I thought I saw his chest rise and fall. I knelt down and felt his pulse.

Bloody hell, he's still alive...

——————————

(Tbh PoV)

I slowly blinked awake, bright light flooding my vision. I slowly sat up, and quietly hissed in pain.

That's when I remembered.

Socks, in electrical.

The knife.

"Heh. Too bad that won't last."

Two glowing red dots staring at me menacingly as he pushed the knife into my abdomen.

And for a split second, I could have sworn I saw those same two dots staring at me from the vent in the corner of MedBay.

I let out a yelp of fear, and curled (very painfully) into a ball under the covers of the bed.

"Tbh? You okay?"

I slowly and shakily peeked out from where I hid to see Meme standing there, looking at me worriedly.

My breathing shaky, I stuttered, "Y-yeah, I th-think so."

Meme sighed. "Tbh, why are you lying to me?"

"I-I'm not..." I said.

"Just rest," Meme sighed, "Whoever this 'murderer' is, he got you pretty deep."

(A/N: I know that Meme knows it's Socks. He doesn't wanna tell Tbh that in case he can't remember, because he thinks there's still a chance to help Socks.)

I shivered as I remembered my near-death experience, and pulled the thin blanket around me.

It's like in every shadow, every vent, those eyes followed me. Staring through my skull, and crushing my sense of security and sanity.

"Tbh, I can tell you're not okay."

"H-huh?" I stuttered, looking back at Meme, "H-how so?"

"Well, first of all, you're stuttering every word you say," Meme pointed out, "And second, you're looking around the room like you're surrounded by horror creatures."

It truly felt like I was.

—————————
(3rd PoV)
(For reasons you will see in a minute)

"Tbh, just tell me what you saw that's freaking you out so much," Meme said, "If it's a big thing you don't want anyone knowing, I won't tell."

Tbh looked down, refusing to meet the doctor's gaze.

I mean, surely they'll vote him out if I told?

"It's Socks..." Tbh whispered.

"What?" Meme questioned, not able to have heard his friend.

"I-it's Socks," Tbh stuttered, louder this time. The rest of his words came out in a quick, jumbled blur.

"He showed me how to fix the lights, then turned around and said something that I don't remember, and his voice sounded like some kind of demon and his eyes were just... dots, staring through my skull, and then-"

"Take it easy!" Meme said. He walked over to the frightened crab man and put his hand on his shoulder. "You're fine. He's not here."

As Meme attempted to calm his friend, someone else listened from the doorway.

It was... it was Socks the whole time?

I should have known.

Laff then bolted down the hall, scrolling through his watch in a panic to find the emergency meeting button. In his rush, he almost ran into Socks.

The murderer himself.

Laff stumbled backwards, staring in fear at the captain. Socks glared at him.

And he smiled.

A twisted, psychopathic smile that no innocent man could muster.

Socks scrolled through his watch and pressed something.

The alarms started to blare. The monotone, female AI voice came over the speaker.

"SYSTEM FAILURE. OXYGEN DEPLETES INDEFINITELY IN T-30 SECONDS."

Everyone in the ship stopped what they were doing.

If they didn't act fast... Socks would get the advantage he needed to kill them all.

—————————-

Cliffhanger >:D

And yes this book is almost finished. I need to get better at making things happen gradually.

761 words