Second Impostor

(3rd PoV)

A few nights and days have passed. Not a single drop of blood has been spilled since Muffin's murder, and everyone was slightly more relaxed than before.

Maybe the Impostor only had a grudge against Muffin somehow? Could they be safe?

Dino pondered this question as he primed the main shields, pressing the red buttons on the screen to turn them white. When he pressed the final button, he looked at the small light next to the screen to see that it had switched to a bright green light. Nodding in satisfaction, Dino continued down the hallway to reach O2.

As he rounded the corner near Navigation, he suddenly heard a thump sound. He looked around, confused and paranoid as hell. What if it was the Impostor? Was he going to kill him?

Dino looked up at the camera mounted on the wall outside Navigation. The red light wasn't blinking.

No one would see him die, and no one would see his killer.

Dino immediately booked it down the hall, away from whatever was making that sound. He stopped when he got to Weapons, where he knew he had a task anyways. Dino walked over to the device attached to the wall, hooked up his watch, and began to download some files. He didn't know why it was a need-to-do task, but if it had to be done, it had to be done.

He was so immersed in the task, however, that he didn't hear the thumping he had heard earlier come closer.

Something. Someone. Plotting his demise.

He didn't realize the sounds until...

Something popped out of the vent next to him.

Dino yelped in surprise and fell backwards. Whatever came out did the same, just as surprised as Dino. Dino shook his head and regained his bearings. He looked up to see a very surprised Blaza peeking out of the vent.

"Blaza?!" Dino exclaimed, "What are you doing in the vents?! You scared the crap out of me!"

"I was... uh-cleaning!" Blaza said quickly, "Yeah. Cleaning the vents!"

Dino could immediately tell that he was lying.

"You sure...?" Dino questioned.

Blaza nodded. His expression was slightly panicked and flushed.

Suddenly, the voice came back. Working its way into Blaza's mind like a parasite.

Very good, child... time to finish the job...

Blaza reached into his pocket, slowly so that Dino wouldn't notice, and felt the grip of the metal knife he stole from the Cafeteria.

Blaza crawled out from the vent, shutting it behind him and keeping his knife hidden. He turned and helped Dino, who was still on the ground, get back up.

He glanced around to make sure no one was nearby, then looked back at the reptilian hybrid. He took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Dino."

"Wha-"

Dino didn't have time to finish his sentence before he fell to the ground, Blaza's knife in his chest.

Blaza stepped back and breathed shakily. Dino's corpse lay on the ground, his eyes still wide with shock, but gazing out to nothing.

Unmoving.

Unbreathing.

I just killed someone.

Blaza looked around quickly before scrolling through his watch until he found the button that called an emergency meeting. He pressed it, and the alarm went off, similarly to when Muffin's body was reported.