Hints

TW: Blood Description (no one dies. Maybe. Well- AAA YOU'RE GONNA SPOIL IT STOP)

(3rd PoV)

Laff opened the metal panel, looking at the colored wires inside. It seemed that some of them had been ripped apart, and the exposed ends stuck out from a colored rubber casing. Most likely the work of the Impostor, trying to mess with the ship. Laff sighed, and started to reconnect the wires with electrical tape.

Once that was finished, Laff closed the panel and looked at his watch, at the list he had been given. The next task on it was checking the autopilot route in Navigation, at the front of the ship. Also the other side of the ship. Great.

Laff walked away from Security, where he had been fixing the wires, and started towards the Upper Engines. Passing through the engine room, he entered the hall outside of MedBay.

As he passed MedBay, he decided to peek in and see how Meme was doing. Laff stuck his head into the open door and saw Meme standing near the screen at the end of the room, where different samples and such were usually tested (A/N: I have no idea what it's called lol). In front of him was a small test tube filled with a dark red liquid.

Was that... blood?

No, it's too dark to be blood.

"What youse' doin, Meme?" Laff asked.

Meme whipped around, and sighed when he saw Laff. "Jesus, you scared me!"

Laff shrugged. "Sorry mate."

Meme just turned back around.

"You still didn't answer my question."

Meme just glared back. "Why are you so interested in what I'm doing all of a sudden?"

"I'm just wondering!" Laff said in defense.

"It's none of your business," Meme said coldly, before turning back around.

Laff stood there, kind of shocked by his reaction.

"Meme, what're youse hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything."

"You're a terrible liar, you know that?"

"Shut. Up."

"Then tell me what you're doing!"

"Why is this a need-to-know thing?"

"Because you're being Sus!"

Meme rolled his eyes. "Pretty childish way to put it if you ask me."

"Look who's talking."

Meme, conscious of the fluffy Cookie Monster hood over his head, replied with a cold glare.

Laff took a deep breath. "Fine. You won't tell me? Then I won't bother. But I'm keeping my eyes on you."

He glared at Meme as he slowly walked away, disappearing behind the door frame.

Meme sighed in relief. He hadn't wanted to be like that to his friend, but he couldn't let Laff know what he was doing. He's probably one of the smartest of the crew, and would most likely piece everything together pretty quickly if he knew.

He turned back to the blood sample in front of him, silently thanking the fact that it was darker than normal blood. I had a feeling it had something to do with the "thing" that was infecting Socks. Whatever it was.

The tests I had been running had... strange results. There were still hints of human cells, but most were "corrupted" by some kind of black substance, which I assume is why it was darker.