Beyond Death

(TW: Intense Gore)

(Meme PoV)

Scraping.

Growling.

Screeching.

That was all that I've really been hearing the past few days. I don't remember when I last ate, or slept. Blaza and I have just been trying to avoid 541. It doesn't seem to follow us, but I know it's hunting us down. Roaming the ship, searching for its next victim.

Which would be us, considering we're the only other living people on the ship.

Another thing - Tbh's body is missing.

Of course, we've moved from room to room since 541 has free rein of the ship and the vents. Staying in one place is dangerous now. The only place we haven't been is the Cafeteria, simply because 541 seems to favor that room.

And I'm afraid of what we'd find there. For all we know, Nadwe's and Laff's bodies are still rotting in there.

Blaza tugged on my sleeve behind me. I turned around to look at him. He motioned for me to stay silent and listen, so I did.

That's when I heard it.

It was like a kind of grinding and tearing, punctured by a low growling every now and then. It was coming from Cafeteria.

Well that's not a very good sign.

"Should we check it out? See what's going on?" Blaza muttered, "Maybe we could find out more about this thing."

"I'll go, and I'll give you the signal to run if things get nasty," I nodded.

"What's the signal?" Blaza asked.

I just looked at him with an obvious glare.

He nodded. "Right. Probably screaming. Got it."

I slowly made my way down the Admin hall, making sure not to make a sound. I slowly pressed myself against the wall next to the door, slowly peeking around the corner.

I'm surprised I didn't throw up right there.

In the middle of the room was 541, bent over a bloodied body that, judging by the bloody gas mask off to the side, was most likely Laff. 541, too, was covered in blood, but it wasn't its own. All of it was Laff's. It dripped from it's claws, it's many tentacles, and from it's mouth, which was holding what looked like a string of intestine, also dripping with blood. Sickening squelching sounds could be heard as it gnawed on its prey. In this case, Laff.

It very suddenly stopped, and perked its head up. It snapped its head around, and its dots for eyes shone light eerie red stars. Between its blood stained teeth, sharp as needles, was a long intestine, still attached to the open wound in Laff's body. I quickly darted behind the wall, holding back my breath as 541 peered my direction.

 I quickly darted behind the wall, holding back my breath as 541 peered my direction