Voices

(???? PoV)

Darkness.

Darkness was all I saw. And all I have been seeing for the past year or so. Maybe more. Who knows, I haven't seen true daylight in forever.

That thing. That thing. It talks to me. Controls me. Tells me things that make me question myself.

We are one.

You and I are alike.

We are the same.

You are my puppet, and I am your master. You will listen to me. Et cetera.

When it sleeps, it stares at me. Two tiny red dots, just staring through the dark at me. Watching me.

Like it was guarding me.

Preventing me from escaping.

Which makes me think there's a way out of here. To take it down.

I've learned all I can about it. All I've figured out was that it was some kind of... anomaly. An experiment gone wrong. Mistreated by whoever created it, I assume.

But questions still lingered. How did it escape? What is it truly, besides just an anomaly? How is it controlling me, like some kind of possessive demon?

I haven't even seen it up close for myself. The dots and the voices are all I see and hear, besides darkness and silence that's driving me insane. Quite possibly more than the voice.

But now? Now I know it needs to be stopped.

I've never been fond of this creature, anomaly, whatever it was. It uses my body to kill innocent people. Blood forever stains my hands.

But this time, however, it took it too far. By forcing someone else to murder for it. One of the crewmates for the mission that I was supposed to lead.

And I do lead them. Just not in my right mind. It's always in control. I've tried overtaking it, but it's too strong.

And the headaches. They get worse every day. Like a parasite, worming through my mind. Multiplying, multiplying, until it is all that remains.

I'm not even question how you can have headaches when you're stuck in your own head at this point.

The only time I ever seem to take control is when it rests. Sometimes, it needs to regain some energy to stay in control of my body and mind, although not that frequent. It's only ever happened twice, and both times I've tried overtaking it. However, it plans its rests when I, myself, am also tired (like, say, the middle of the night), so I don't have the strength to fight back.

And it's like I can feel the outside world still, even deep down here. I don't hear, and I don't see, but I can feel it.

Blood covering my hands.

The smooth grip of a knife.

Just generally anything outside of my body, I feel. Without sight, nor sound.

It's driving be beyond insanity. I've found myself talking to myself more and more often, and am afraid that I may be too far gone if I ever get rid of this thing.

The voice.

It's returning.

I hear its hacking voice that sounded like nails on a chalkboard. Sickly. Inhumane.