Final Shot

(3rd PoV)

Oof was quite surprised he was able to exit through the vents unnoticed. But he wasn't going to question his luck.

He crawled around for a bit until he found a problem.

There was an entire section of the vent covered in thick, black fluid, and Oof found it impassible.

Shoot. I think this is where the reactor is.

541 must have anticipated their plan.

But that also means I must be on the right track.

Determined now, Oof backed up and went to the left, popping up in Security.

He (quite painfully, because of his ankle) crawled out of the vent and stood up, making sure not to make a sound as he closed the vent cover. He looked around the small room, making sure he was alone. The camera screen showed only static from each camera feed. Along the wall, what looked black scribbles were sprawled along the surface, like a five-year-old's sharpie drawing on the wall. They looked fairly familiar; Oof had seen 541 drawing things like this on the wall of its containment chamber.

 They looked fairly familiar; Oof had seen 541 drawing things like this on the wall of its containment chamber

(Idk felt like making an illustration of it :P)

Maybe it means something more than it looks like...

Oof shook his head. Right. Focus.

He turned around and made his way into Reactor. The gentle hum of the reactor filled the room, as did its blue glow. It was also a bit warmer.

Alright. Now or never.

"ALRIGHT, SHOW YOURSELF!" Oof suddenly yelled into the opening, "I'M HERE, COME AND GET ME!"

———

It turned at the sudden call of the voice.

It wanted to check it out, but it recognized the voice. Oof wasn't one to give up this easily.

Obviously, this was a trap.

You won't fool me that easily.

—————

Oof looked around the room, a bit nervous. Every second, he was prepared for 541 to jump out and attack him, and possibly wreck the plan as well as doom the rest of humanity.

He really hoped that wouldn't happen, but it's always possible. 541 can be quite unpredictable, especially under uncontrolled conditions.

He didn't notice what seemed like a black blob shape seeping through the wall on the other side of him.

Oof gasped in surprise as he heard a low growl to his left. 541's cadaverous form stood there, teeth showing in a twisted grin. It's eyes seemed to pierce through his soul.