Murder Plots

(TW: Gore Description)

(Socks PoV)

Checking to make sure I closed all nearby doors, I quickly transformed and melted myself into the wall until I was able to reach the ventilation systems below the ship. There, I cleaned the blood off of my tentacle and retracted it before continuing through the vents.

While out of sight, I clicked some buttons on my watch to make the lights go down before popping up in Electrical.

"Hello?! Is someone there?!"

I sighed in frustration. Of course someone's in here.

"It's just me," I said, irritated.

"Oh, thank God," the person replied. I looked and saw Tbh standing there in the dark, doing a task in the other corner. "It's just you, Socks."

Pitiful. Thinks he's safe with me.

I don't think it would matter if I killed another one...

I quickly hopped out of the vent and closed it behind me.

"Why were you in the vents...?" Tbh questioned me.

"Maintenance," I said, "Dust and crap collects on the mechanics down there pretty quickly."

"Ah," Tbh said. "Do you know how to turn the lights back on?"

I nodded. "Follow me."

"How? It's pitch black in here!" Tbh said.

I reached into my pocket to grab my flashlight, and my hand brushed my knife. I felt myself curling my hand around the knife instead.

Might as well.

I grabbed both items and flipped the flashlight on, making sure the light didn't reflect on the knife.

"Come on," I said. Tbh, slightly relieved by the light, followed me to the panel near the door. I opened it, and showed him the few switches inside. Some of them were flipped downwards, and I flipped them up.

As I did so, the lights in the ceiling turned back on. Tbh let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Socks."

"Heh. Too bad that won't last."

"Wait, what-"

Tbh's words were cut off when I plunged my knife into the crab man's stomach.

He slumped to the ground, unmoving.

I stepped outside the hall, looking around to make sure no one was around. Once that was  assured, I closed the doors and hopped back into the vent in the back corner.

—————————

(Blaza PoV)

"Thank you for talking to me about this," Meme said.

"You promise you won't tell anyone?" I asked.

Meme nodded. "I promise."

Suddenly, the lights flickered and went dark. I squeaked in surprise.

"Darn lights," Meme muttered. "Someone must have not connected wires properly or something."

Right. I left out the part where Socks could control the lights and doors from his watch.

Soon enough, the lights came back on, and the door to MedBay opened back up.

To the bloodied corpse of Joocie.

Meme cried out in surprise and horror. I just stared, shocked.

A long crack extended down Joocie's cup, and juice was all over the floor. The yellow drink was mixed with red where it mixed with his blood, which leaked from a large bloody hole in his chest. White bone showed where his ribs poked out. His blue eyes were glazed over, staring in horror at nothing.

I shakily scrolled through my watch to find the report button, and clicked it as soon as it popped up.

Hopefully I wouldn't be to blame for this, as Woolf was thought to be.

————————————

(3rd PoV)

Everyone was gathered at the door of MedBay. Joocie's body had been ejected into space, but the murder was still their discussion.

"Who was on this part of the ship, besides Meme and Blaza?" Laff questioned.

"I was in Communications," Socks said.

Nadwe, at the back of the group, frowned. He had passed communications not long before the meeting was called, but didn't recall seeing Socks there.

Laff turned to Nadwe. "Where were you?"

"Storage," Nadwe replied. Which he was.

Laff looked around for Tbh, when he suddenly noticed his absence.

"Guys, where's Tbh?" Laff asked.

No one uttered a word.

"You think he's...." Nadwe trailed off, not wanting to say the possible inevitable.

"Nadwe, stop thinking like that," Laff said, "We'll find him."

"I think we should skip voting this meeting until we have some real clues," Meme said, "There's not many of us left."

Socks nodded. "I agree. Everyone, continue with your tasks. Alert us if you happen to find Tbh, dead or alive."

Everyone nodded, and dispersed to do their tasks.

———————

PUT YOUR GUESSES IN THE COMMENTS IS TBH ALIVE

739 words