Mind Over Murder

(The gore gets heavier again this chapter, so might as well tell ya)

(3rd PoV)

[About ten minutes before the MTF's arrival]

"Human. Come here."

He silently stood up, and walked over to me, his bloody face staring at the ground.

"Look at me."

He looked up. The human's eyes were dull, void of all hope and will.

"What do you want?"

A thin tentacle whipped him in the neck. He flinched, but uttered no sound as blood trickled from the wound.

The sight made it hungry.

But it would resist. It needed this human.

"I have told you that I needed you alive to prevent the humans from killing me."

He made no reaction.

"But of course.. . that was a lie."

If it was possible for his eyes to darken more than they already were, they did.

It chuckled its hoarse laughter. "Oh, no..."

It looked at its claws. Bone was clearly showing through the eaten skin and tissue - an annoying side affect of it's blood. It curled the claw into a fist as it grinned horrifically, and said,

"I've got plans for you."

————————

[Present time]

They saw it. Or, at least, it's host. He was lying on the ground, much of him eaten away as a wall would be to termites. What was left of his chest and stomach was nearly shredded, its contents spilling out on the floor in a pool of blood. His pupils were either so small you couldn't see them, or they were missing altogether.

Was it dead?

Oof took a step from behind a soldier, and peered at the body. No traces of 541 could be seen - no black liquid covering his body as was seen in the recorded camera.

But something was off about this.

The way his corpse was quite almost perfectly centered in the middle of the room, the way his intestinal tracks seemed to be on display around his body.

It couldn't be a coincidence.

But where would it be...?

"Oh, welcome, friends. Or should I say... soon to be dead humans?"

Oof backed back behind the soldier, and they raised their guns to the doors of the MedBay hall.

It's voice was... slightly different.

Two red dots appeared, glaring maliciously.

And from the shadows of the hall, the anomaly emerged.

In Blaza's body.