A Plan

(3rd PoV)

Eagan quickly jumped in front of me protectively as a tentacle whipped through the air. His blood sprayed over me as the tentacle cut through his chest. He was thrown off as I did my best to hobble quickly across the room, seething with pain at every step. I heard a whistle as a tentacle shot past me, narrowly missing my head.

Multiple soldiers had come to my aid, attempting in vain to shoot the creature down. Obviously this did nothing but annoy it, yet it gave me enough time to escape to MedBay. A few soldiers rushed in with me, and closed the door. I knew this would do nothing against 541, but strangely it didn't come through. Or even attempt to.

It's waiting for us to come out.

This thing really is quite intelligent, especially for being a blob of pure anger in the shape of an anthropoid.

"Why is this thing so hard to kill?!" Someone sighed, exasperated.

"Well, it's class Keter for a reason," I replied. I looked at my watch - 11:48. We'd hardly been here for an hour, and most of us are already dead.

"C'mon, Oof, think," I muttered to myself. We had to find a way to neutralize this thing. I remembered that someone - Dr Vyllin, I think - was doing some kind of test with 541 the day it breached containment.

Of course, that's also the day he was first possessed by the anomaly, so we could only assume that the file was destroyed by 541.

Would the reactor do anything to it?

The reactor of the ship had incredibly high heats - I doubted even the mostly immortal 541 would have the ability to survive it.

There's no concrete evidence for the plan, but it was worth a shot.

"Guys," I said, "I think I have an idea."

———

(??? PoV)

What are you doing?!

I'm not doing anything!

You're trying to escape from my control. I'm not stupid!

I'm not! I swear!

Believe me when I say those foundation fools won't help you. Anything they find that's even slightly "anomalous" as they put it, they bring it into containment to never see the light of day. That would include you, since you are now able to survive the major wounds you've gotten.

I realize this. And believe me when I say I don't want to get out of here anytime soon. I wasn't bluffing when I said I deserved what I'm getting.

But of course, this was a lie.

Yes, I do deserve the torture it's putting me through.

But I won't let this thing hurt anyone else.

———-

Oooo 541 in trouble now >:D

445 words