Return

(3rd PoV)

The three living crewmates that remained stared at the airlock, where the sound had come from.

"Did... you guys hear that...?" Meme asked nervously.

Laff nodded. Blaza just stood there, his eyes wide with fear.

They heard a screech.

One they knew well.

They would have moved, run, done something.

If they hadn't been paralyzed by their fear.

And from the metal airlock door....

A black, goopy claw broke through the seal of the door.

Another claw came from the hole in the metal as well - although instead of goop, it looked like human skin that had been scarred nearly beyond the point of even being human.

And it tore the airlock doors apart.

Revealing a horrific monster, one that Meme immediately recognized.

You could still see Socks, but most of his body was covered in a kind of black goop. His midsection opened up to a large bloody mouth, filled with rows of sharp teeth that looked like stingers, and a black tongue that looked like a whip. His two tentacles dripped with more goop than usual. Half of his helmet had been broken, presumably by some space junk, and blood poured down the side of his head from a large wound. From the wound, four more, miniature tentacles came out, each one covered in dark blood. On his right arm, the one that was not covered in black goop, his flesh had been torn, and white bone was visible through the blood. Something must have punctured the top of his chest as well, and four bloodied, worm-like tentacles waved from there. They reminded Meme of long parasites, which made him shudder.

Socks ripped his broken helmet off of his head and tossed it to the side. Somehow he looked even more terrifying than before. One eye was covered by the black fluid, and only the red dot was visible. His human eye had the same dot, and was glowing brighter than it had been the last few times I've seen it.

"BLOODY HELL-" Laff yelped, but was cut off by Sock's tentacle stabbing him through the chest. He pulled Laff's body towards him.

A sickening crunch was heard as Socks tore Laff's head off of the rest of his body.

Socks tossed Laff aside, then looked at the two crewmates in front of him.

And he laughed.

Or, it sounded like a laugh. It was more like a combination between a hacking cough and a hiss.

"You think you could escape me that easily?" Socks chuckled, "Oh, you have no idea what I have planned for you."

Meme then gripped Blaza's arm, turned around, and sped down the MedBay hall as fast as possible.

———————————

(Meme PoV)

I pulled Blaza into MedBay and clicked some buttons on the control panel to close the MedBay doors.

"Well, this is quite the predicament," Meme muttered under his breath as he closed the MedBay doors.

"WELL, YOU THINK?" Blaza said, throwing his arms up in the air in frustration, "HE SURVIVED THE ACTUAL VACCUM OF SPACE AND IS NOW SOME CREATURE FROM HELL! YEAH, QUITE THE PREDICAMENT, INDEED!"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" Meme yelled back. "I just wish I had known that this thing corrupting him was SCP-541! Otherwise, I would have done something sooner!"

"It's... what?" Blaza said, confused.

"SCP-541 is an anomaly created many years ago," Meme explained, "But something went wrong with testing, and it escaped... it used my father's body to get out and kill everyone there, and many more..."

He trailed off, tears in his eyes. Blaza walked forwards and put his hand on the doctor's shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's okay. It was a long time ago," Meme said.

Meme turned to where Tbh was laying, and sighed sadly as he saw his oxygen-deprived corpse.

"Of course. I should have messed around with the oxygen pack to make his helmet more accessible from where he was laying."

"Hey, don't blame yourself," Blaza reassured, "If anyone, it was Sock's fault that any of this happened."

—————————

(Socks PoV)

"IMBECILE!"

The creature grabbed me around my neck and threw me across the open space. I shrieked in pain as I hit the ground - I could still feel my wounds in the physical world, and they hurt like actual HELL.

"You needn't fight your fate any longer. I should have done this the moment I met you."

"Oh really?" I said through deep, ragged breaths, "Then why didn't you? You must need me for something if you kept me alive."

"What I needed you for," it said, "Is already complete. Don't you feel your weakened strength?"

I... I did. I thought it was just the intense pain I'd been feeling, but... had it been sapping the life out of me this entire time.

It chuckled, it's hoarse voice breaking multiple times.

"You see? You haven't the strength to fight me any longer. So maybe I should just... finish this right here?"

It wrapped a tentacle around my neck and hoisted me into the air. My windpipe was cut off, and I choked as I tried to breathe.

"I guess this is goodbye," it said in a creepy, singsong tone, "See you in hell!"

The last thing I saw were its two, red eyes before a sickening crunch caved my vision into darkness.

—————————

Intense lore moment with Meme :P

And is Socks really dead?

We'll never know >:)

I have also not decided XD

912 words