Creature

(Lynn PoV)

I burst into the main office and raced into one of the rooms. Inside, a woman sat at a desk, twirling a pen in her hand. She had long, pastel-rainbow hair half tied up with a white tie. At my sudden entrance, the pen fell to the desk. She grumbled, and turned to me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"The Skeld crew is in a lot of trouble," I said, frantic, "Or, they would be if they were still alive, but-"

"I'm sorry, 'if they were still alive?'" The woman said, suddenly worried, "What the hell happened?"

"Something found its way into the ship," I said, "And it's killed everyone. It's turning the ship around and coming back here!"

She rubbed her forehead, her expression tight with worry.

When she didn't respond, I said,

"Ally?"

Ally glanced up at me.

"Yes, I heard you, idiot," she replied, "I'm thinking."

"Oh. Right."

After thinking for a moment, Ally said,

"Is there any way we can access the ship's autopilot from here?" Ally questioned.

"I mean, yeah-"

"Then why isn't that the first thing you tried"

"It was," I replied, "The system was locked, and nothing worked to unlock it."

"Hm," Ally grunted, "Let me see."

————————

I lead Ally down the hall to where Oompa was, still attempting to get through to the Skeld.

"Hello? Hello, Mira to Skeld, do you read?" Oompa said into the headset. Static answered.

I walked up to Oompa.

"Show her the autopilot," I said. Oompa nodded, and tapped the keys on the keyboard in front of him. On the screen popped up a red box, with a white exclamation point flashing on it. Underneath, it read, "ACCESS DENIED."

"It's been like this every time?" Ally asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"Can you access the cameras?" Ally questioned.

Oompa clicked on the keyboard a bit more. The screen went static for a moment before showing four different screens. Three were static, but one still showed. The one on the MedBay hall.

Blood covered the floor near the cafeteria.

"Oh my god," I muttered.

Something sounded from MedBay. Squelching, growling. The sound stopped abruptly.

As a mound of black goop and blood in the shape of a human came into view.

But... it wasn't just any human.

Through the bloody mess of goo and tentacles, half of a human face showed. Hazel brown hair stuck out from a coating of black.

"Is that..." Ally started.

The creature snapped its attention to the camera. Glowing red dots shone where its eyes should be.

And it was smiling.

Not a nice smile. A horrific, psychopathic smile, filled with many rows of bloodstained, dagger-like teeth. It tilted its head to the side, and crept closer to the camera. It came closer, until it was about a foot away from the camera.

Suddenly, it screeched. It's stomach opened up into a hideous mouth, dripping with blood and lined with stinger-like teeth.

And the camera went dark.

We stared at the dark static for a moment, processing what had just happened.

"Was that... Socks?" Ally said.

"Seems so," I shrugged.

"What even is that thing?" Oompa asked.

"I don't know," Ally said.

She thought for a moment.

"But I know who would."

—————————

chapter because I'm bored

448 words