seven

L E V I C O O P E R
_

"Mama, did Levi tell about his future girlfriend?" Harvey wiggles his eyebrows at her.

"He didn't tell me nothing. Who? I wanna know everything." She sits up in her bed and leans closer to Harvey, always ready to hear gossip.

"There's no girl." I roll my eyes in irritation. They both shoot me a look and I roll my eyes again and back off.

"So there's this really pretty girl in our grade right, she was like a straight A student and pretty popular and then something happened and she just stopped doing anything but yesterday when Levi was talking about her, she walked up and told him to shut the fuck up." He exaggerates.

"She didn't tell me to shut the fuck up." I groan in annoyance.

"Not your story now be quiet, and everytime we've seen her outside of school she's holding a little baby and we think it's her son but she hasn't confirmed or denied anything and best part mama, he gets big love-heart eyes when she's near." Mama squeals in excitement just like a little girl in a toy shop.

"What's her name?" Mama asks Harvey.

"Blair Alderidge." He smiles.

"I need to meet this girl, next time you guys are visiting me you must bring her otherwise you can't visit." Mama looks at me with a pleading look.

"We'll see." I grumble and look towards the floor.

TILL DEATH DO US PART

After spending multiple hours with mama and the boy's we make our way over to the shops, needing some more cereal after Harvey ate it all.

"Hey isn't that Blair?" Harvey points to a small coffee shop in the corner of the mall, in the window sits Blair with a laptop and books infront of her while a pram sits next to her.

I change my route and head straight towards the coffee shop instead. The boys follow behind me while we enter through the glass door to the coffee shop.

Small brown wooden litter across the cafe, a counter with a glass fridge with desserts in the left corner. The cafe is practically empty with a lady cleaning the benches, two older ladies sit off to the side chatting over a cup of coffee.

I look over to the right and watch the brown eyed brunette lift her head and watch us enter the small cafe. We walk over, Harvey sliding into the booth with me and Kian right behind him.

"Do you need something?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Why aren't you at school?" I stare right at her, looking at her chestnut coloured eyes.

"Could say the same for you three." She mutters.

"Answer the question." My patience slowly draining from my body.

"Why should I?" She shuts her laptop and sets it to the side, looking in the pram for a spilt second.

"Because I said so." I stay impatiently.

"I have stuff to do." She keeps her answer short and simple, not giving off any extra information.

"What kind of stuff?"

"Important things." She looks at the three of us and down to her empty wrist, acting like a watch sits there. "Oh look at the time! It seems that I need to leave, sorry boys but gotta go."

She pushes all of her books and laptop into her black handbag , grabbing her empty coffee cup along the way and rushes out the door with the pram infront of her.

"Well that went fantastic." Harvey whispers to himself as we file out of the booth.

"Go get some cereal, I'll be back in few minutes." I walk off to the parking lot and getting into my car, starting the engine and slowly driving off.

I make it a few minutes down the road before I see Blair's grey car stop on a small street and her slowly getting out and walking around the car. I park my car right off the street and hop out, following after her with a newfound determination running through my body.

She disappears down the overgrown path at the end of the street, tucked away in the corner away from the naked eye.

After the short walk to the path I see her picking up a the crying baby she's always with, she carries him on her hip and walk down onto the secret beach, taking off their shoes and walking into the water.

I lean against an old oak tree and watch the pair go closer to the water, she sets him on the ground and walk him in the blue water until he's feet deep in. He's suddenly falls onto his knees and begins splashing in the water.

Blair takes his hands and walk them deeper into the ocean, until the boy is belly deep in the water. The small waves push him back and they laugh together as they play in the water without a single care in the world.

But there's more behind closed doors than that, life is never that simple.

She brings the boy out of the water and hoists him on her hip, water dripping all over her clothes but she doesn't seem to care. Blair starts walking towards the shore, the little boy looking over her shoulder and reaching his hand out to the ocean.

She looks up and spots me standing just off the path, "Were you there the whole time?" A small genuine smile all rests on her plump lips.

"Long enough."

We turn around and start walking on the path, her on my left. Out of the corner of my eyes I see the boy watching me. He reaches his small chubby arm out to grab onto my hair but can't reach due to the height difference and his arm length.

I turn my head and look down at the boy, his big eyes stare but at me until he looks away and holds onto Blair's wet sweater. She moves him to where he's laying down in her left arm while her right hand carries their sandy shoes. He leans into her chest and looks at me the whole time we walk up the path.

"I think he likes you." Blair's soft voice breaks through the silence.

"What's his name?" I look up at her eyes.

"Reese."

"Is he your's?" I try or use a softer voice, not wanting to come off us rude or judgemental.

A sigh leaves her lips before she thinks for a second, hesitating before finally speaking. "Yeah, had him almost a year ago."

Despite the urge to ask about the father I keep it to myself, already getting her to open up the slightest. "He's pretty cute." I ruffle his dark hair that's match his mother's as she unlocks her car and opens the back and making room in the back.

I stand to the side as she opens his nappy bag and starts changing him into a warmer change of clothes. Once she's done she sets him in his car seat, behind the drivers seat, and buckles him in.

"Well I better get him home and give him a bath." She points to her car.

"Yeah I better get home too." I nod and begin walking off to my car as she does the same.

-

J<3