thirteen

B L A I R A L D E R I D G E
_

Reese begins to cry when I let go of him for one second as I try to grab a drink of water. I give up my plans on a drink and instead pick him up once again. Ever since I got home last night he woke up and wouldn't go back to bed, which ended in me not getting more than a hours worth of sleep.

I haven't even had any time to get ready for the day. I got five minutes to shower and change into a new pair of sweatpants and a tank top before Reese had another meltdown.

A knocks sounds through the house, I quickly grab my phone and open it to see a nervous looking Levi, "Are you alright Levi?" I shut the door behind me and follow him to his car.

"Yeah. We need to make a quick pitstop though, it'll be real quick." He asks when I shut the car door with Reese on my lap. Thankfully Levi's windows are tinted so no one can see that I haven't got him in a car seat.

"Okay." I hold onto Reese extra tighter as we begin driving down the street.

Almost 20 minutes later the car stops infront if the hospital, I look over at Levi, "Do you want me to stay in the car?"

He shakes his head softly, "Come in, I bet my mama would love you." He mutters quietly but just enough for me to hear.

Walking into the hospital with Reese on my hip and Levi next to me I can't help but feel as if I've finally got something I can look forward too. Instead of waking up everyday miserable and lonely I've got someone who I might not see everyday but someone to be excited to talk to.

During the elevator ride Reese continues to lean over to Levi and grab onto his hoodie. Everytime he does Levi only stares at him with a ghost of a smile on his face.

"Mama, mama, mama." Reese babbles on, a light laugh emitting from me.

"Ree-Ree, Ree-Ree, Ree-Ree." I sing as I sway my body from side to side softly. I feel Levi's eyes on me from beside me but I focus all my attention on Reese.

The elevator stops before the doors open up on the private floor. Levi walks out and I follow behind him. He reaches a door at the end of a hallway, he knocks on the door faintly before opening it. Inside is a large private hospital room, a bed in the middle with many wires, tubes and machines surrounding the bed.

I stay behind Levi the whole time but with Reese being his usual self and making noises and grabbing out to things, it's hard for me to stay quiet.

The woman laying on bed looks up and her bold eyes sparkle as she sees Levi walk in. I stay in doorway while he walks over to the bed.

"Levi I taught you better than this! Who is this beautiful lady?" Her words bring a slight warmth to my face and she ushers me over.

"Mama, this is Blair and her son Reese." He walks over to a chair in the room, his eyes staying on me the whole time.

"The girl you were talking to me about?" She smirks at her son.

"Mama."

Her eyes rolls before she speaks again, "Hello, I'm Maria, Levi's mother." The motherly smile she gives me calms any nerves that are running through my body.

"Hi." I mumbled at the same time Reese reached out to Maria. "Aw, how old is he?" She looks at me.

"He's thirteen months."

"He is such a beautiful boy." She brushes some of his hair back. "Is the father present?" She mutters so softly I have to double check she said it.

"No, We separated before I found out I was pregnant, I was two months along." A wave of sadness passes over me but I try to keep it from showing.

"Well I may not know much about you honey, but you're raising him amazing. He's going to thank you for everything when he's older. It takes alot to raise a child, while being a teenager and by yourself just makes it harder but all the sleepless nights are worth it." She tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Thank you." I blink the oncoming tears away before they turn into a never-ending waterfall.

"Can I hold him?" She points to Reese and I slowly put him into her arms. Her pale face instantly lighting up a few colours. I walk over to Levi and sit in the sit next to his. The room is quiet apart from Maria and Reese, but somehow I find myself leaning onto Levi's shoulder and falling asleep.

TIL DEATH DO US PART

"Blair." Someone shakes my shoulder, bringing me out of my sleep. I sit up in the chair and see Levi standing infront of me with Reese standing while latching onto his hand.

I stand up seeing Maria asleep before following them outside. As I walk behind them I feel my heart growing at the sight of Levi hunched over while holding onto Reese's hand and helping him walk through the hospital.

After the short walk back to his car he asks us if we're hungry and then proceeded to drive us all to a small little diner on the other side of the city.

"Reese what do you want?" Levi asks Reese, who is currently sitting on his lap with a crayon in hand and a piece of paper on the table infront. He blabbers incoherent words while ignoring the paper and attempts to draw in Levi's white shirt.

"Reese draw on paper, not people." I try to take the crayon from his hand but Levi's hands stops me. The warmth radiating from his hand sends sparks of lighting through my body and letting them rest in my stomach.

"He's okay. I've got plenty of shirts." I drop my hand back onto the table and picks up my milkshake instead. Once the waiter comes over and takes our orders we break off into a comfortable silence.

"Do you wanna play a game?" My curious eyes meet Levi's from across the table.

"What game?" Curiosity fills my voice.

"Twenty-one questions."

"Okay."

J<3