twentysix

L E V I C O O P E R
_

It's officially been one month since I moved Blair and Reese into my home. One month that I've been spending majority of time with her. One month that I've actually felt the feeling of being content with my life for the first time in a long time.

I've been caught up with work, spending long tiresome nights in my office, catching up on the endless amount of work to do.

Today my mama called and forced us to go visit her, which you can never say no to her. Which Harvey even took upon himself to invite Blair and Reese, although they're practically a package deal and are never separate from each other.

I slam my laptop shut once I check the time, standing up and walking out of my office before walking up to Kian's office. I don't bother to knock on his door before walking in, spotting him looking down at his laptop.

"Get a car ready downstairs, we're living in ten." He nods his head without a single glance up at me.

I shut the door and begin the walk up to Blair's room. Knocking gently a couple times and only walking in once I get a response I lean my head against the bathroom door as I watch Blair braid her hair.

"We're living in ten minutes." I say softly.

She makes eye contact through the mirror in front of her, "Where to?"

"To mama's." She nods her head and ties up the end of her braid. I watch her through the mirror and take notice of her once lively eyes now dull and almost-empty looking.

I have t talked much about her dad to her, only because every time she would shoot it down instantly and all I could do was understand that.

As she walks back into her room and a happy Reese I take a quick glance at her body, noticing the thickness that once sat their and made me mad for has disappeared, her whole body looks that little bit thinner.

Not that it's a bad thing, she still looks like a goddess in my eyes.

I take Reese from her arms when he begins a fuss. Calming him down while she puts her shoes on. I close the bedroom door behind her and take her hand as we walk through the hallways.

Blair walking just a tad slower than the last time I remembered. I adapt the same pace as her before making it to the car where Kian and Harvey sit in the front.

In the past month I've had almost every car I use on a regular bases baby-proofed. I put the same car seat Blair once had in her car in all of my cars. And a nappy bag with anything he made need put in as well.

I convinced Blair to give me lists of food for Reese, even though he's not fully onto solid foods, and given them to the cooks for whenever it's needed.

I had my people build a gigantic playroom for Reese to play in, only a short distance away from our rooms.

I told the school we would no longer be attending physically but be attending through online, as mama is always ready to through a shoe at our heads if we didn't graduate.

I handled Blair's past job and a trial she said she had, telling them she could no longer go through as I didn't want her contacting them in case one of my many enemies found out about her, I need to her private from the mafia but I can't hide her away.

Once the car comes to a dead stop I get out before opening the door for Blair and Reese, grabbing him from her arms to give her a break. The walk up to mama's room is mostly silent except for Reese occasionally babbling incoherent words and reaching out to almost everything he sees.

Harvey and Kian walk into mama's room first then Blair. Mama's eyes widen when she looks at Reese in my arm, "My little baby." I bring him over to her and Blair laughs as Reese practically jumps into her arms.

I take the seat next to Blair as Harvey and mama strike a conversation. Their voices slowly turn into a buzzing in the back of my head as I look at the beautiful woman sitting next to me.

Her hair is thrown up in a messy bun with a handful of hairs fallen out. Her skin is naked and bare from any makeup, showing the world her beauty. A pair of jeans and a light cardigan sits over her shoulders, her collarbones poking out more prominently than ever a tell-tale sign of the terrible eating habits she's gained over the past month.

With every thing that's happened to her in the past two months I wouldn't be shocked if she adapted a handful of bad habits, grief and shock do that to people. It can do terrible things to you and you may never notice yourself falling into that dangerous hole.

In a split second I make a decision I hope I woke regret. Leaning closer towards Blair, "I'm taking you out tonight so be ready, 7pm."

It takes a few seconds for my words to register in her head before it shoots towards me, "What? I can't leave Reese."

"I'll have those two watch him, you trust them right." My arm rests on the back of her seat, my finger gripping a piece of her hair and twisting it around my hand.

She looks toward my Mama's bed with a face of indifference before exhaling deeply, "Fine. Just one dinner."

_

if the chapters bad, I don't wanna hear it

-j<3