eight

B L A I R A L D E R I D G E
_

(Mentions of Rape)

"You were meant to be home 2 hours ago!" I hear his voice echo down the empty hallway as I shut the apartment door behind me.

"I'm sorry I was with a friend." I shudder under his sharp glare.

"A friend?!" He scoffs and begins taking steps towards me. My back hits the door as I take steps backwards, already shaking from his reaction.

"I'm s-sorry, I won't do it again."

"You're right it won't happen again." His tone quiet as my face twists in confusion. "Because you're not allowed out anymore."

Any common sense I have left leaves my brain, "You can't do that, I have a job and friends."

"Oh I will sweetheart. You're going to quit your job, stop talking to your friends. You have me, isn't that enough for you?" He holds my face in his hands with a firm grip.

"Yes, I'm sorry." I feel the salty tears run down my face.

"Are you crying?!" He changes his behavior once again.

"I'm sorry." I look down to the floor.

He inhales a sharp breath and right after a sharp pain stings my left cheek. I look up up to him, no reaction on my face, silent tears falling from my eyes.

After all it's not the first time he's hit me or had a reaction like this. He's just very aggressive and passionate, nothing I can help fix.

"You fucking slut!" The sharp pain stings my cheek once more. He walks over to the kitchen and grabs an empty glass. Out of anger he throws it in my direction, a glass shard hits my shoulder and blood runs down my shoulder with the glass still in contact.

I close my eyes as I hold in a pathetic sob but it ends up falling out. The pain in my shoulder is unbearable but I know better than to move and just let him have his tantrum.

I open my eyes when I feel him push me onto the cold ground and rip my clothes right off me, stripping me naked in a matter of seconds. He pulls down his jeans and his dick springs from his boxers.

He looks into my tear filled eyes and smirks down at me, "Be a good girl for daddy." He pushes into my body forcefully, my body fills with pain while he thrusts into me.

I want to talk, scream, yell, anything but I frozen on the ground while he assaults me for the second time this week.

I wrestle under his tight grip on my body but his strong body keeps me in my position.

He kisses down my neck, leaving his hickeys along my neck. He leans into my ear and moans, "I'm so close baby, you're such a good little slut. Maybe next time I'll go harder on you."

He continues to moan in my ear as tears fall down my face like a waterfall.

He thrusts into me one last time, at full force, a whimper leaving my lips from the pain it brings. He stills and finishes inside of me before standing up, pulling up his pants and walking off, leaving me on my own.

TILL DEATH DO US PART

I sit straight up from my bed, sweat covering my body and my heavy breaths filling the quiet room. I sit staring at my bedroom wall convincing myself it was just a nightmare and he's not here, before grabbing my phone and looking at the time.

5:13am

The bold numbers stare at me, the only light source in my dark room except the faint sun coming from behind my blinds. I lean back in my bed for a few seconds, taking in the silence the house brings.

TILL DEATH DO US PART

"Fuck it", were the exact words I said before leaving home and driving to an empty park, at 8 on a Monday morning, and getting high.

I've never been a massive fan of drugs and alcohol but I let myself have some on days like this. This is the most freedom and escape from my life, getting away from reality for multiple hours brings relief to me.

I park down the street from school and begin walking to my first class, which I'm almost 30 minutes late for, nothing new.

Walking down the empty hallways my phone vibrates in the back pocket of my dark-washed jeans. I pull it out and quickly answer my dad's call.

"Hey darling, I got called in for work at lunch. I just wanted to ask if you could watch Reese, if not then that's completely fine." My dad speaks through the phone calmly, I can faintly hear Reese blabbering in the background.

"Sure, I'll leave at lunch at head home." I keep all the disappointment out of my voice.

"Thanks, I gotta go Reese just threw up on me, bye darling." He ends the call before I can speak. I pocket my phone and open my classroom door.

The class stops whatever they were doing and stares up at the door, at me.

"Late Again, Blair." My English teacher mutters.

"Yeah I was busy." I shrug and move towards an empty seat at the back of the classroom.

"Busy getting stoned." I hear a whisper from the side and see Harvey Sonnet, Levi's bestfriend, staring at me with a smirk.

"If it happens one more Blair, you will get suspended." Mrs Smith calls from the front and continues on with her lesson as if nothing happened.

"Hey, can I have some?" Harvey pleads, one seat down from me.

"Why it's mine?"

"I won't tell on you."

"Fine, but only cause I can't have them anyway." I shrug, I dig in my pocket and pull out my last 2 blunts and pass them to him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." He looks at them as if they're gold. "I ran out of mine last night and I've been miserable ever since."

"Weirdo." I whisper and turn to the front.

-

J<3