32

𝕀𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕒 𝕃𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕟 𝕊𝕖𝕧 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩, ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕐𝕠𝕣𝕜

𝕀𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕒 𝕃𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕟
𝕊𝕖𝕧 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩, 𝕖𝕨 𝕐𝕠𝕣𝕜

The sound of the street lights creaking on made me yawn. I had my phone in my hand, Dougie and I'd messages open. I would randomly catch myself re reading our messages wondering where did I go wrong.

"Yo India you got a lighter?" Kenzo B came over and asked me for like the tenth time.

"Nah." I bluntly said. She hummed and walked off back to her group of friends. I decided to call

"Your bestie all in my face right now." I joked.

"Who?" She said poking her head into the camera.

"Girl who else?"

"Oou who you texting? I wanna laugh." Kenzo B said sticking her face in my phone.

"Nobody." I bitterly laughed then shut down my phone. "Where Dthang at?" I said remembering he was the only reason I came here. I ended up knocking on his door but nobody opened, so I was now outside of the towers seeing if I could find him. I didn't feel like going home today. Plus my head hurts from these braids I just got today.

"Check in the front." She said pointing near the deli under their building. I walked down the corner, seeing him with his head into someone's car.

"Where you at?" Jatavia voice rung through my ears.

"Rpt."

"You come with me to my lash appointment later?"

"It's already 8 who doing lashes this late?"

"Girl the latest time she had was 10. So I took that."

"Damn. But I dead can't even go I'm sleeping over at Daniel's crib tonight."

"Mhm. I wonder if Dougie gon like that."

I scrunched my face up just hearing his name. "Tavia you know I don't care about what he like and what he don't. Word."

Suddenly I heard Dthang's music being played in a car pulling up, the music died down and the windows rolled back revealing Daniel getting out of the V.

"Call me when ya lashes done. Don't do nothing dumb."

"Say that." Jatavia said before I hung up.

"That nigga stay texting me about his bitch." Dthang said to whoever was in the car.

"Daniel?" I called out. He turned his head and his eyes lit up. He waved his friends off and stepped back to where I was at.

"Yo"

"Don't yo me. I called titi to see if anyone was home because I wanted to stay over. She said you was, but I was knocking on that door for a good fifteen minutes."

"My fault, you know I don't ever be in the crib."

"I figured."

"But you valid to say. You don't even need to ask. But wassup witchu?"

"What you mean? I'm good." He gave me a look like he didn't believe me.

"You only be wanting to stay over when you in some crisis or if you in trouble." He chuckled.

I sucked my teeth and placed my hands on my hips. "Nothing happened. My mother out with her boyfriend. I don't feel like being in the crib."

"Who with Brooklyn?"

"She at Kay Kay house."

"No Boy drama?"

"You making it seem like it's a new nigga in the picture every week. Go to hell." I laughed slapping him playfully. "But nah. I'm chillin."

"How your wound?"

I lifted up my shirt, revealing my brownish wound now. It was healing, it still hurt when you pressed on it but I was doing better.

"I could touch it?"

"Don't get me tight." I rolled my eyes, putting back down my shirt.

"You and Bando still be talking?"

"Barely" I shrugged. Me and Bando was cool and all but we was just friends for the most part. I was really done messing with these affiliated boys.

"I fake miss being mad at him. I liked being able to ignore him and push passed him and get away with it. Now i gotta actually talk to him."

"You more toxic then I thought." Dthang laughed as he licked the blunt. "Nigga said she don't like that she gotta talk to him. It's either you like him or you don't."

"I do. The other day I was about to ask this nigga what are we. Imagine if he would've said friends. I would've blocked him right then and there."

"I already know you gon have stories on top of stories when you come back from the yams."

"To be honest I don't even know if I wanna go anymore. Dougie going."

"You want my real opinion?" Telling by his face he was either about to tell me something I need to hear or some bullshit. I nodded slowly.

"If he really set you up. Don't go. But then again I was thinking bout it he wouldn't do that shit knowing how much Kay Kay love you. But ion know. Them Sev Side niggas mixy. But Setty ya mans, just turn up for his shit. You don't even gotta talk to him."

The honking of a car made me and Dthang look at the streets. He reached for his waistband and stepped up to the car until the window rolled down.

"Nigga it's just us." Tdot said from the driver seat. Bando was sitting in the passenger seat. He glared at me and looked in the back of the car. I couldn't see who was back there cause the windows were tinted.

"Oh shit." Dthang mumbled and chuckled. I playfully slapped him in his chest. We watched them awkwardly as they got out of the car.

"You moving dumb scary nigga." Tdot joked as he dapped up Dthang. He looked at me and did the same.

"Tdot!" yelled Kenzo B and some of her loud friends from the other side of the street. He smacked his lips and walked off leaving me, Dthang, and Bando alone.

There was a sense of awkwardness among all of us.
Dthang took my spend the night bag off my shoulder and looked down but I could still see the smirk on his face. "Imma take this in the crib for you." He said.

"Nah it's-" I said but Daniel quickly walked off.

"You not gonna say hi?" Bando asked with a hint of attitude as he pulled up his pants. He had his hair in a messy puff and his eyes were low.

"You got a mouth." I shrugged. I didn't even know he was still mad at me. He looked good though, not on no funny shit, but he did look good. Especially when he had a mug on his face. He looked me up and down and chuckled to himself.

"Why are you mugging me ugly?" I said.

"Now this."

"You tryna do my braids?"

"You hair looks fine. Plus I like your hair better when it's out."

"Hmm Deadass?" He said feeling on his hair, cheesing. "I just need it done. I got a shoot tomorrow."

"I gotchu then. We out to Dthang crib?"