40

Addicted

Omniscient POV

Dougie sat in the corner of the room on his phone, as the walls vibrated due to the loud music. He was currently at the studio waiting for his girlfriend to arrive.

"Bro where is she at?" He said sending her another text.

"Who?" A feminine voice said. He looked to find a female sitting on Setty's lap. Setty and him made eye contact and Dougie laughed.

"You got it bro." He said loud enough for him to hear through the loud people and music.

"You talking about India?" Yagi asked.

"Duh. I don't care about where any other bitch at if it's not her."

"My fault." Yagi said making the room laugh. "Love seeing my boy in love."

The boy played with the ends of his braids, growing worried as he put his girlfriend in a uber a little over thirty minutes ago.

Kay came out of the booth with the usual mug on his face. "Get up." He said speaking to one of the random girls in the room.

The girl quickly got up and stood in the corner as Kay took a seat. It was obvious he wasn't in the mood but nobody bothered to ask why because he most likely would've told them it was nothing.

Dougie inhaled the smoke from the blunt that was passed to him, finally letting his phone down. Suddenly the door creaked open making Dougie's eyebrows furrow in anticipation.

India was accompanied with Jatavia both walking in sluggishly. He wondered if she was just high or something happened.

"Why you wasn't picking up your phone?" Nas questioned Jatavia aggressively. She sucked her teeth and got seated across from him.

"Oh my god. They about to start they bullshit." Setty complained.

"What's good with y'all?" Yagi chuckled, receiving the blunt from Dougie.

"Nothing. We just been up since last night." Jatavia said.

"For what?"

"No reason." She mumbled back. India on the other hand spotted Dougie, formed a smile on her face and walked over to him.

"Y'all look like y'all need a blunt." Kay finally spoke up and said.

"Nah it look like they need to stay away from blunts." Dougie said.

"Not too much on me. We haven't smoked in a minute. We just tired." India said.

"What's good my heart." He said pulling her into a hug. "Your phone broke or something? A nigga was texting you."

"My fault. I fell asleep in the car." She said taking her phone out her back pocket.

A couple of females eyed her as she took off her coat. For once she was too sleepy to address it. She wondered why they even had females in there to begin with but brushed it off. She greeted everyone else in the room receiving a response back from everyone but Kay.

"You good?" She asked, walking over to him.

"Yeah."

"You sure? Why you look tight?" She said crossing her arms. Everybody watched their interaction expecting Kay to react bad.

"I'm chilling."

"If you say so." She said walking away. She found herself back on the couch next to Dougie. The two smiled at each other, like lovers who had seen each other for the first time.

For once Dougie could actually say he was happy. Despite not speaking to his mother and not having any real family, he still somehow felt happy when he was with India. He vowed to himself that he would never put her in a position to be hurt whether it was emotionally or physically.

He looked over at her, seeing her eyes were about to doze off.

"Yo Blu wanna know if he valid to slide?" Setty asked looking at Dougie.

"Nah." He simply said. Ever since the altercation between the two, they never spoke to each other. They saw each other once and walked passed each other like it was nothing.

Setty smacked his lips. "Y'all niggas blowing mines. Just talk that shit out. That nigga do nothing but troll."

"Fuck all that. I would've been fixed it if it was a small argument but once he threw the frank it was clipped." Dougie explained. India laid her head on his shoulder, not really caring about the situation.

"Just talk it out." She managed to make out, before shutting her eyes.

"Deadass?" He whispered in her ear. She nodded her head, snuggling up to him.

"I agree. That shit wasn't even that deep. I just think that nigga was just tryna get your skin." Yagi said.

"Plus he a kid. Kids will be kids." India muttered, making the room laugh.

"So he valid? I'll tell him the vibes before he get here. He a few blocks down."

Dougie nodded slowly, and slouched in his chair.

"Stubborn ass." Kay said, scrolling on his phone.

"I'm not stubborn I just don't like funny shit." Dougi simply said, wondering why he was in such a mood.

"I heard about y'all beef. I really don't think it was that deep. I heard it was over a feature." Some random girl said. They all gave her a look.

"Girl what?" Jatavia said. "Just mind your business."

"For once I agree with big mouth." Nas said.

"Why y'all got all these bitches in here?" She finally spoke up and asked.

"Shit it shouldn't matter. You be with mad niggas anyways." He slickly responded, causing the whole room to groan.

"I'm not even going to engage in an argument with you. You not my nigga anyways. Stop worrying about what I do."

"You say that all the time but know you coming back." Nas clearly got irritated from her comment.

"If you say so." She shrugged.

"My son Jatavia never needed a nigga." Setty mocked. She laughed and sat up on her chair.

Everyone fell into their own conversations. Dougie rested his chin on India's forehead, doing nothing but holding her hand. He hated physical touch but when it came to her he wanted all of her.

Although their situation was difficult he planned on making it all easier. All he really had to do was be loyal. India would sometimes catch herself asking where he was at, and he knew it was because she didn't trust him and he planned on changing that.

The door opened once again causing everyone's neck to turn. Cblu walked in, freshly retwist, and an irritated look on his face.

"India you up?" Dougie whispered, she mumbled something he couldn't make up signaling she was up.

Jatavia pinched India's thighs,making her jump. "You gonna wanna be up for this gang."

India rubbed her face, getting out of Dougie's arms. Her and Cblu made eye contact and she didn't really feel anything. The situation was stupid to her. She would never go for him anyways.

"Yo." He mumbled coming in the room, dapping Setty up.

"What's good." Dougie mumbled.

"Nun. Chillin. You?"

"Same."

"Ight. Now talk y'all shit and dead this. Shit corny." Setty said.

India furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her boyfriend.

"I'm not gon lie. Ion got no beef witchu. You my mans so that shit dead heat. I respect y'all relationships and it was never no funny shit going on." He said confidently to Dougie.

Dougie hated to admit it but he still felt a way. He thought it was weird to sit around and flirt with your man's ex whether you was playing or not, but he decided to just let it go.

"It's cool bro. We chillin."