45

𝙺𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚣

𝙺𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚣

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

I felt myself get annoyed as the blunt I was rolling up wasn't coming out the way I wanted it. I sucked my teeth and tossed it onto the table.

Looking around everyone was situated on the couch. We were at Dougie's crib again and I honestly didn't wanna be here forreal.

"You good?" Setty mumbled besides me.

"Yeah I'm boutta be outta here." I said in the same tone. I got up and grabbed my keys with me.

"Nigga where you about to go?" Dougie asked me. He had his arm wrapped around India and she looked up from her phone, waiting for my answer.

"My sister got some shit going on." I lied. "I'll holla at y'all niggas later." I said lifting my skii and walking out of the house.

I dragged myself out the building and down the sidewalk, finding my car. Once I got in, I texted my moms back since she was blowing up my phone and quickly started the car. Before I pulled off, I played some music in the car.

I was sober so I knew I wasn't tight because the weed wasn't kicking. I don't know why I was tight. As I drove I finally saw the two large towers and parked myself a couple blocks down from it. Although it was fake hot outside I still had a hoodie, so I put my hoodie up and got out of the car. Maneuvering my way through the block, I went into the familiar building, almost like it was an everyday thing. The lobby was filled with people but nobody really noticed me or said anything, they stared and went along with their convos. I got into the elevator with an older women and pressed the floor I needed to. "What floor?"

"Eight. Thank you." She said. I pressed eight and stood near the wall.

I probably could've texted this nigga before I decided to come but I didn't wanna do that. The elevator dung and I got out, walking all the down the hall. I didn't hesitate to knock on the door because I was confident he wasn't going to mind me coming.

The door swung open and Dthang looked at me, and his face turned into a smile. "Never thought I'd see the day." He said, moving to the side.

"Yo." I said dapping Daniel up. All beef aside, I fake missed our friendship. He was my brother at one point, we was closed then me and Dougz. We fell apart over some dumb shit and I just felt like I was a big hothead back then. His house was still the same to be honest. The last time I was here I had to been like 16 going into to 17.

"Carajito what are you doing here?" Dthang mom said, dropping the big ass kitchen knife she had in her hand and coming out from the kitchen. "Oh you gotten so tall." She said hugging me. I laughed at the old nickname she used to call me.

"What's good." I said hugging her back. "I'm just here to chill with Daniel." Looking back at him on the couch he had a smirk on his face, this nigga was always on some goofy shit. I took off my skii and got seated on the couch.

"Food will be ready in a hour." She said in her accent and walked off. We both nodded then looked at each other.

"What's going on?" Dthang asked.

"Nothing nigga. I can't come chill."

"My fault." He said handing me a controller. "How's India? She was supposed to slide today but I ain't hear from her."

"She with Dougie." I said dryly.

He then side eyed me, and let out a laugh.

"The fuck is funny?"

"Nah nothing." He said laughing some more.

"Niggas what's funny?" I said now getting curious.

"Nah cause why you said it like that." He said. I shrugged, and went on to pick my team on 2K. We played a few games. I couldn't lie it did feel good to be with someone different. Being with the same niggas all the time got annoying plus all them niggas did was play around all day.

"You gotten better at this shit." I said.

"Nigga I always been better than you. Buggin."

We both got quiet again, getting concentrated into the game. Eventually he won by a few, and I ducked my teeth, sitting the controller in my lap.

"She still don't know you like her?" Dthang randomly said.

"Who?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"India. Who else?"

"Nah nigga. She never will. I'm surprised you ain't tell her." I said looking down at my controller.

"That's corny. Plus that's not my business."

I thought about what would happen if he did. I don't think India probably would've ever spoken to me again. It don't even matter anymore forreal she with Dougie so it's no going back. It was always that way to be honest. As much as I probably wanted to tell her, I just couldn't. "Don't you think that shit weird?" I asked looking at Dthang.

"Nah. It's not like y'all niggas siblings. Just grew up together."

"So if you liked her that wouldn't be weird."

He stared off into space for a minute. "That's weird." He shook his head. "It's different between me and her. I don't know how to explain it. I see what you mean though."

"You baited though nigga. She with that bum ass nigga now." He adds.

"Chill on my mans." I glared at him. He sucked his teeth and unpaused the game.

"And you dayroom for letting that nigga cheat on her and then get back with her."

"That's not my problem nigga." I shrugged. "If she wanna do that let her."

"We both know he gonna do some dayroom shit to her again. I feel it."

"I think he serious this time." I stated honestly. I didn't like them together from the jump but that wasn't my problem. Dougie was never a relationship person but he fell for India so we just have to see how this plays out.

"You be seeing them niggas kiss and shit and don't feel a way? I ain't gon lie it was pretty obviously you liked her." He said.

"How? No it's not." I immediately denied.

"Every time y'all argued it was about some dumb shit. Because you got tight she danced on some nigga. Swear you use to move like her boyfriend."

"That's not true. I'm just not going to let her make a fool of herself." I said.

"You don't even believe that yourself. But answer my question. You don't be feeling a way?" He said. He was amused at this point, laughing as he spoke.  I didn't feel a way because I knew this was how this nigga was.

"Type shit." I simply said.

He sighed and slouched back on the couch. "Don't you gotta girl?"

"So?"

"You wild." He laughed. His phone started ringing loudly on the table, he picked it up and looked t me. He flipped the phone around and it showed India calling him and started laughing. He got up, picked up the phone and walked off.