50

Addicted

Omniscient POV

"Yo?" Kevin said into his phone.

"Yo my heart?" Dougz voice rang on the other end. He smiled a bit, he missed him. Being around the same person every day to them getting locked up the same day coincidentally was crazy to him.

"I miss you my heart."

"I miss you too. Everything valid over there?"

"Yeah. Holding the sev down til you get out."

"I soon be out. I appealed my bail so we gon see if I could get out earlier. My mom came and visited me."

"Your mother?" Kay said fake shocked.

"Yeah. She said she'll come to my next court appearance. Asked if I needed anything. I don't know what happened to her overnight."

"That's good though right? I asked. I couldn't tell by the way he was talking if he was happy or not.

"Yeah. All I wanted was my mother to just be there. She always abandoning a nigga when he depressed and shit."

"I hope this just not no temporary shit."

"I doubt it. She gotta be changing for a reason." Kay said in a deep tone. " But what you did to India?"

"Bro I don't wanna talk about her. She dead to me." Dougie spoke; both of them getting irritated already.

"You be dragging shit." He chuckled. "What y'all argued about this time?"

"She mixy. That's all. I'm good off shawty."

"I ain't gon lie you be bugging for no reason. How she was supposed to pay your bail if you didn't have one?" He questioned. He felt like he could've did more defending in this situation, he's always quiet or picking Dougie side when the two get into it.

"It's not even like that. She starting spazzing on me first son."

"Ight. I gotta go. I'll call you tomorrow. I'll send you some bread too."

"Goodlookin. I love you my heart."

"Love you too." He said, slowly hanging up the phone.

"Dougie and India broke up?" Mackenzie asked.

"What I told you about listening to my phone calls?" He mugged her, turning around.

"I was just worried about you. You don't even be seeing me anymore." She whined. Kay kept his usual mug on his face, looking around seeing how active the block was. He didn't wanna spend a summer day arguing with her.

"I just got booked. You the last of my worries right now, but I'm sorry ma." He said, leaning in to kiss her.

"So where were you last night? I wanted to see you." She said mushing his face with her hands, dodging his kiss.

"I was busy and don't touch me like that."

"Where?"

"I was handling shit." He lied. He slept over at India's house, but he didn't want another argument going on especially since he didn't really care for the relationship anymore.

"With?"

"Not your business nigga. I don't ask you where you be at 24/7?"

"Ight Kay. Text me when you off your shit." She pushed passed him, making him suck his teeth and turn around.