𝙺𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚣

𝙺𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚣

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚡, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

I sucked my teeth seeing I had no new notifications come up on my phone. It's been only a day since I told India the vibes and she hasn't texted me yet or anything. I don't know how much time she needed but I couldn't focus on nothing else without knowing how she felt. With what Dthang told me I thought she'd be in my inbox the next day. It's been a few days though not gon lie and I haven't seen her in a minute either.

"Que paso?" My mother asked me, walking in with my older sister.

"It's India. She didn't text you yet?" My sister said. Bri gasped, and jumped into my lap.

"You like India?" She asked me. I nodded and she laughed. I raised an eyebrow, trying to see what she was laughing at.

"I knew it." She said, making my mother laugh.

"Baby everybody knew it." Kianna said.

"You chatting, but nah she did't text me back yet. I don't know what the fuck taking her so long."

"Oh baby. She'll text you soon. I know she likes you." My mom said.

I sucked my teeth, kissing Bri's cheek. "You ready Bri?" I said. I was taking her out for her ice cream, she been bugging me about it for a minute.

"Let me fix up her hair. Cmon Bri." My mom said tapping her. She got up off my lap and they both left. I tapped my phone hoping to see a new notfication, but I didn't see shit.  I looked up and seen Kianna still staring at me.

"I just don't think she want to ruin what y'all got. Imagine yall date and it don't go well. You lose not only a girlfriend but probably your only real friend." She said.

I sat and thought about that. She was probably right for once but I still couldn't stand the idea of letting my whole life go by and I couldn't have her.

"It is what is." I said lowly.

"How's Dougie?" She said, trying to change the subject.

"He alright." I shrugged. I kind of felt like L mans trying to hop onto his girl when he was locked up, but I feel like if anything he probably most definitely knew I wanted her. I loved Dougz  like he was my blood brother, but I just loved India more.

"No update on when he coming out?"

"Not yet." I mumbled. "Yo Bri, you wanna go play with Brooklyn next door instead?" I said hearing her and my mom walk back out.

"Nice try papa she not even home." My mom said

"Yall seen India though?"

"I saw her and that girl she always with earlier today."

I sighed, all I wanted for her to let me know the vibes. I never felt this nervous about anything.

"Ight let's go B." I said to my little sister, holding her hand. I let her go in front of me, before locking up my doors. She rushed down the stairs, feening to be outside.

"Wassup Bri." Setty said, putting out his blunt.

"Hi!" She smiled, giving the group a cheeky smile.

"Where yall going?"

"Just downtown for some ice cream."

"It's not just ice cream. It's gelato."

"Same shit." I said mushing her head. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I quickly reached for it, sucking my teeth as I read the screen.

Incoming call from... Ash❤️

I swiftly pressed decline because I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Damn India you finally look presentable." Setty said making Bri run off, but not that far. I turned around seeing her hugging India.

"Eat a dick." She joked. I furrowed my eyebrows, watching her. She waved at us, avoiding eye contact with me. She was with her thot ass friend, Jatavia like my sister said.

"Where y'all coming from?" Nas asked eyeing Jatavia's outfit. I didn't even blame him both them was dressed provocatively. India had on some shorts and a bathing suit top.

"We went to Coney Island." India answered.

"With?" Nas asked keeping his eyes on Jatavia who wasn't making eye contact.

"It was just us two and some of India cousins." Jatavia said. She then looked over at India, then at me and smirked.

I was sure she was avoiding me. India didn't know how to move tact ever so it was shocking not seeing her out all day, especially since the block was hot right now.

"Mhm. Yall going in the crib now?" Nas asked.

"You see the weather?" She fanned herself, "We playing the block gang."

"Gangsta." Yogi laughed. I didn't find shit funny. My eyes stayed fixated on India as she looked around holding Bri's hand. I would've usually invited her to come with us, but I felt like that shit would just be weird now so I didn't even bother plus a nigga was nervous.

"Yeah Ight." He mocked. "Don't go no where I can't see you."

"Where that Asian doll bitch at?" Jatavia said.

"Don't worry about her. She just around to work on music."

"Well she don't need to be on the block to work on music. Tell her book a studio session or something." India said.

"I think she going to be here for a min." Setty said.

"For what?" India and I blurted out at the same time. I looked at her, seeing she wasn't going to budge and look back at me. I know she felt me staring too.

"We gon fuck with yall later." India said, giving Bri a final hug. "Bye baby." She finally said before walking away.

"Yall beefing again?" Setty asked.

"Nah. Why?"

"Yall niggas didn't speak. You gave her another bald spot or something?"

"Nigga I ain't do nothing to her. Chill. Aubrey we out." I said unlocking my car with my car keys. She ran and got into the car which wasn't that far as I stood on the sidewalk.

"I'll see yall." I mumbled, looking over and seeing India in front of the deli. I wanted to at least say something to her, but I just didn't know what. I feelt deprecate too which I hated, so I really was about to just leave the whole idea of us being together alone.

I sucked my teeth and got into my car, pulling off.

"How long you liked India?" Bri randomly said.

"You moving fed Aubrey." I laughed, a little bit shocked she even asked.

"Just answer the question."

"Prolly since I was 14-15."

"14?" She began counting with her fingers. "So for five years?"

"Yeah." I laughed, pulling onto the freeway.