❥ 23.

Grateful

Am I really sitting in a car with the famous boxer Myles Collane on the way to my parents, hoping that they won't send me away from here ? Maybe. Am I scared to death ? Yes. Will my mom freak out when she sees that I am bringing a boy home ? Probably. Will my dad go crazy with joy because I bring his favorite boxer to our house ? 100%.

It doesn't really feel real that Myles will be right in front of my parents. That he will stand in front of my mom. That he will talk to her.

Wait a minute.

Myles in front of my mom. My mom in front Myles. Face to face. Together in one room.

What did I thought ? That will never work. He won't leave that house alive.

The poor man. He still has his whole life ahead of him. His boxing career. Maybe a dog if he gets one at some point. The spaghetti cooking. Buying some flowers, his house is really dry. Visiting his family. His friend Ethan. With whom should Ethan go to the bar from now on ?

I can't let that happen.

"Myles." He slightly turned his head to me, but kept his eyes on the road. 

"I think you should turn. Drive back to your house and forget that thing with my parents, trust me, It's the best for you, I will be fine with my aunt. Even if she lives so far away. I mean she's not that bad at all. She is nice. Lie. Caring. Lie. Helpful. Lie. And she loves us. Biggest lie I've ever heard in my life. I will be fine. That's why I suggest you drive back home and do what you would always do on a sunday evening. Maybe order a pizza, watch a movie, go to a bar, boxing. I mean you have a box fight in two months. You certainly have to train a lot for that."

Wait a minute. The box fight. I will not be able to see it. But I was really looking forward to it. Can he be seen on YouTube ? Or is it broadcast on TV ?

"Madellaine",  he suddenly said turning off the car and looked at me. I didn't even notice that we had already arrived at my home.

"Listen, if you really don't want me to go in there please tell me. But-" He took his hands and put them on my cheeks. "We both know that you don't want to get away from here. And we also know that you only talk yourself into it."

He was right. I didn't want to get away from here. Not away from him. Not away from his touch, that always did so crazy things with me. Not away from Jaden. Or Isabelle. This was my home and I want to stay here.

"Okay...let's go in." 

Dear god in heaven, stay by my side.

———

*Knock, knock*

I only heard the heavy steps from my father and only became more nervous. I have no idea how my parents will react. They will definitely not be happy, that is clear.
The door cracked open and my fathers eyes met mine.

"Hi Daddy." I said with a little wave. Smiling innocent.

He looked at me briefly and looked over at Myles. His eyes were huge and his mouth opened slightly.

"I-is that ?" He pointed to Myles, his voice cracking.

"Myles Collane, nice to meet you sir." Myles said and held out his hand to greet my father.

However, my father was still in a state of shock. Until my mom appeared and her eyes also expanded. But not because she was in shock, in a positive sense. But because she was angry and I mean really angry.