|CHAPTER THREE|

*TIANA'S POV*
"Aunty T, wake up! I'm here to see you!"

The next morning, I was woken up by my five year old nephew Kross jumping on me in my bed.

I groaned and looked at the time.

11:35am.

My shift at the shoe store starts in about three hours.

"Krossy, you know I missed you too. But, personal space, my love."

"You don't need personal space! I'm your favorite nephew."

"You're my only nephew."

"When Gary or Bri have kids, I'm still going to be your favorite nephew."

Kross chuckled, laying in my arms to cuddle with me.

I love Kross with all my dear heart, I swear. Kross and I have the deepest connection, I'm his favorite aunt.

"Oh yeah? And what about Mani?"

"She's your niece. And I'm STILL your favorite."

"What about when I have my own kids?"

"Hmmm... I'll think about it."

Kross giggled, giving me a kiss on my cheek before he laid his head back down in my chest.

I then smiled, running my fingers through Kross' long hair.

"Daddy told me you're starting your first day of school tomorrow. Are you excited? You're growing to be such a big boy already."

"Yeah, I'm excited. Mommy told me to focus on my school work and not try to get any girlfriends."

"Yeah, mommy's right. You definitely don't need any girlfriends right now. Don't be like daddy."

I laughed. Suddenly, Lauren came walking into my room. I can tell by the way she was looking, she was looking for Kross.

"There you are, Kross! I am so sorry if he woke you up, T."

"Nah, it's okay. I had to get waking up anyways soon. I gotta be at work by two fifteen today."

"My bad for just coming in here like this. You just waking up?"

Dave was standing at my doorway. I looked at him and then back at Kross, then back at Dave.

"Yeah, Kross woke me up. I was getting up soon anyways, I have to go to work soon."

"Kross, come downstairs to see Bri, Gary, and Popop. You just barged into the house and ran straight in here to bother T."

Lauren laughed, grabbing Kross' hand as they both walked out. I looked back at Dave.

"May I help you, sir?"

"I just came to grab that drawing you did of me last month. That shit was pretty dope, I want it to hang up in my house."

"Oh, yeah. I'll give it to you."

*DAVE'S POV*
I watched Tiana as she got out from her bed, fiddling through her drawings on her desk.

As she was looking through each of them, I had a glimpse of a new one she must've did of her boyfriend.

Keenon Jackson.

We both are friends of Nip, but I don't fuck with that Nigga.

That nigga ain't no good to me, he never was, never will be.

I remember when he used to date this girl Catelyn.

Nigga was super abusive towards her. Physically, mentally, verbally, emotionally.

Nipsey and I felt bad for Catelyn. Her issue was, she would never take the chance to leave even when she had it.

Until one day, Keenon fucked her up so bad she ended up in the hospital. That's when she finally decided to leave.

Keenon ain't even good enough for T, anyways. She's way outta this nigga's league.

"Here you go. Here's the drawing of you."

Tiana handed me over the picture perfect drawing she did of me last month. I smiled and gently took it from her hands.

"Thanks, boo. Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"Keenon ain't ever hurt you in any way, has he?"

"Oh great. You sound like Nipsey with that question. What is it with you guys?"

"Because we been around the nigga longer than you. We know how he can get. We just tryna make sure we don't have to hurt nobody."

"Neither of you are hurting anybody. Because within these last four years, Keenon has never even laid a finger tip on me. I promise you both."

Tiana reassured me, looking at me straight in my eyes.

Good. Because if he ever DOES, that nigga gon be six feet under for real..

"Aight, good. Just making sure. We both still think that he just ain't good enough for a girl like you, anyways."

"I know, I hear this all the time. From you, from my dad, from Nip, I know. I can't help it who my heart loves, Dave."

"You right, T. I felt that. I'll leave you be to get ready for work. I might stop by there later to cop me a new pair of kicks."

"You and your damn collection of shoes. I swear."

"There will never be enough shoes in the world for David Brewster. I'll catch you later."

I smiled, then making my way out of Tiana's room, walking back downstairs to where everyone was at.

That nigga Keenon better keep his ass in place. Because I'm telling you, the way he treated Catelyn?

I never can imagine treating a female like that, especially one that I'm claiming to love.

And for someone to magically just change like that from such violent behavior? I don't believe that bullshit for one split second.

"There you are, nigga. I thought you done got lost in my sister's room for a minute."

Nipsey said in a joking manner when I entered the living room. I laughed, sitting down on the other side of him as Lauren was sitting on one side.

"Nah. We was just having a friendly conversation. Had to make sure she's okay."