|CHAPTER TWENTY|

*DAVE'S POV*
Last night? Was just purely fucking insane.

Tiana lost the baby, and from there, it just went to shits.

Gary and Briana basically started to put all of the blame on me.

This nigga Gary claims that I'm bad luck or I'm cursed or some shit.

I wasn't even thinking of it like that until I really sat here all night, thinking about it.

Nothing of this nature ever happened while she was with Keenon.

But as soon as I get official with Tiana, Nipsey gets killed less than forty eight hours after that.

Then six months in, she loses her son.

What if I AM bad luck in some weird ass way?

From the bottom of my heart, I love the fuck outta Tiana. I don't wanna lose her.

But I feel like I slowly but surely am...

"Papí, you okay? You've been up all night, smoking and drinking."

My mom came into the living room, where I was laying on the couch. She was right, I legit got no type of sleep last night.

"Nah, ma. I'm down bad as hell."

"You stressing over Tiana still?"

"Of course I am. I love her. Tiana is my everything. If I lose her, I don't know what imma do."

"If it's meant to be, it'll come together and it'll work out. If it's not meant to be, it will hurt, but you'll get over it eventually. Okay, mijo?"

"It's already hurting bad, ma. Shit is crazy. I knew I shouldn't have fell for her in the first place."

"It's not your fault, Dave. Your heart wants what it wants. But sometimes, just remember that what it wants is not always what it needs, and it's not always good for your heart."

"I love her, though. Isn't love enough?"

"Unfortunately, not all of the time. Love is one of the most important aspects, but definitely not enough."

As soon as my mom said that to me, that's when I received a text message from Tiana herself.

Babygirl💍; we need to talk. Can you meet up with me at the coffee shop around the corner from my house?

I gulped to myself, now definitely worried.

We need to talk is never good in any situation.

Me; got chu. See you in 10

I slowly got up from my mom's couch, going to brush my teeth quickly before I left the house.
-
-
-
-
"Thanks for meeting up with me, Dave. This was very necessary for the both of us."

"What's going on, T?"

"Dave... I think it's best if we just go our separate ways."