|CHAPTER FIFTEEN|

*TIANA'S POV*
I genuinely don't understand how this life shit works.

Just a week ago, Nipsey was still here, furious at the fact that Dave and I were now together.

Now, we're at his funeral. Burying him six feet under the ground.

Who would even have the guts to murder my brother? Especially in his own home in front of his wife and children?

People are just beyond fucking cruel.

I hope those motherfuckers get every single bit of karma that they deserve.

I mean, in a way, I feel a slight bit relieved.

At least Nipsey isn't alone. He finally reunited with our mother.

"I'm so sorry about Nip once again, T. This literally feels unreal. He was like my older brother, too. Just know I'm always going to be here for you, as your best friend."

Kehlani spoke to me as she was getting ready to leave Nipsey's burial. I slowly nodded in sadness, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you so much, Kae. I appreciate you, you're the best."

"Anything for you, T. I'll call you later on, let me know if you need anything."

"Will do."

As Kehlani walked away, Lauren came walking up to me, wiping her tears away.

"How in the hell are we gonna do this? Nipsey was our rock, our biggest protector. He was and always will be my king."

"I know. I don't know how I'm going to do life without my biggest protector. Sure, I have Gary still. But, Nip was the oldest and like my second father. I just can't believe he's really gone. I just hope he didn't die, thinking that I betrayed him."

"He didn't, mama. He was just shocked, he wasn't even upset in all reality. He just wanted the best for you. And even if Nip is gone, you and I will always be sisters. You're always welcomed to come and take Kross whenever you feel the need. He loves his Nani."

"Oh, I know he does. I love that kid with all my heart. He's now the only thing we have left of Nip, so imma cherish him til the death of me."

"That means a lot, T. My parents wanted to go to their house with Kross, so I'm meeting them there. I'll see you later. I love you."

"I love you more, Ren."

I teared up once more as I hugged Lauren tightly.

"You really just gon act like you ain't see me the whole funeral service?"

I heard a familiar voice question from behind me.

Ugh, great. Keenon.

"I didn't even think you would show up, first if all. And second, my brother just died. The last thing I'm worried about is my ex boyfriend."

"Why wouldn't I be here? I just lost my best friend. What, you think IM his killer?"

"I'm not sure anymore, Keenon. Maybe it would be something you'd do out of spite."

"That's fucked up. Imma just pretend like you ain't say that, cause I know you hurting right now."

"Whatever, Keenon."

"Look, when you get your head right from all this, do you think we could link up and you can talk to a nigga?"

"For what? I have nothing to say to you. You're the one who hurt ME. YOU did ME dirty. No other way around it."

"That's why I wanna talk to you, T. I wanna make shit right between us."

"There is no us anymore, Keenon. You fucked up, and I moved on. Just that simple."

"I still love you, T..."

"I think it's time for YOU to leave my daughter the fuck alone. You have nerve to even show up here, you're bold, nigga."

My father spoke as he walked up to me with Dave next to him. Dave stared at Keenon, causing Keenon to laugh and just shake his head.

"You know what? Fine. If this is how you want shit to be, it can gladly be like that. Good luck helping raise a baby that ain't even yours, Nigga."

Keenon dissed Dave before completely walking away from us. Dave rolled his eyes, looking back at me.

"You just gotta tell me the words and I will GLADLY fuck him up, baby. Ion got no typa time for this nigga's fuck shit."

"Yeah, what Dave said. Where's your brother and sister? We gotta get going."

My father questioned me. I looked back at him confused.

"Get going where? We just got finished burying your oldest son. What else do we have to be in a rush for?"

"We have to get out of Southern California, Tiana. It's getting dangerous. First we lost your mother to the street, now Nip. We have to get to making a move."

"Where we Finna go, dad? We can just up and leave like this?"

"My aunt in upstate New York is a realtor. Therefore, she owns a whole lot of properties up there. When your pops told me this a few days ago, I had him contact my aunt. She's willing to let you guys move in with no issues."

Dave explained as he grabbed my hand.

"You'd really do this just for us? Where are you going when we leave?"

"Your family has been like my family for so long. And I'm coming with you guys. It's great for me as well, most of my family is back in New York. I been homesick from my moms for so long."

Dave chuckled.

I really can't believe Dave cares about me — us — this much to even think about doing this.

I started to tear up, hugging Dave the tightest that I could.

"Thank you so much, Dave.. you're literally the fucking best."

"Your pops is right, though. It's getting too dangerous out here. First your moms, now Nip. We gotta go."

"I know. It's for the best."

"We can even start a new, fresh life for the baby. Maybe one day, even have some of our own."

Dave joked around, but I knew he was serious.

Which made me blush like crazy.

"There you two are! Where the fuck yah been? We gotta get moving."

Dad said as he seen Gary and Briana walking towards us.

"We were talking to some guests. Why, what's the rush?"

Gary asked. My father sighed, shaking his head.

"I ain't Finna keep explaining myself over and over again. This is why you all need to be in one spot. I'll explain when we get back to the house. Let's just go."