|CHAPTER FOURTEEN|

*DAVE'S POV*
"I really can't believe I'm sitting here, in a newly fresh relationship, with the guy I've had a crush on for ages. AND I'm pregnant, with a baby that's not yours."

Tiana chuckled and shook her head as she was laying on my chest, us laying on her bed.

Chester was at the end of the bed, sleeping. Like he had a hard ass day, or something.

Animals, I'm telling you, dawg.

"And the fact that I actually fell for you back is the most craziest part."

"What? You're saying that falling in love with me is almost possible?"

"Nah, that's not what I'm saying at all. You know that's what I ain't saying. I'm saying that since my right hand mans is ya oldest brother, I woulda never thought that it could happen. But it did."

I really hope that Nipsey finds a way to accept us, and be happy with our decision eventually.

I mean, I completely understand his point of view as an older brother, because I most likely would've freaked out on a nigga the same way.

But, he also needs to realize that I ain't nothing like these other cats, out here. He knows how much I care for Tiana, and I would never hurt her.

Suddenly, there was a ring at their doorbell. Tiana groaned, slowly getting out of the bed, and making her way downstairs with me following.

When Tiana opened up the door, we seen two people we didn't expect to see.

Two police officers.

Did this nigga Keenon call the cops on me for punching him in his shit?

If he did? What a "gangsta" he really is.

"Uh, hi.. how may I help you guys?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt you mid day, ma'am. Is this the residence of the Broadus family?"

An officer who's name read Johnson spoke.

The way Tiana's body language was, I could tell she was getting quite nervous.

"Yes, yes it is.. why? What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"Is your father here, by any chance?"

"He's in the shower. He should be out in a few minutes."

"We think it's best if you try to get him out of the shower now. This is urgent."

The other officer named Payne spoke up. Tiana hurriedly walked up the stairs to the bathroom to get Snoop.

Coincidentally, Briana had walked in from the back door with Gary, looking as lost just as I did.

"What did you do now, Dave? Dad's gonna be pissed that you brought police to our house in mid day."

Briana said.

Right before I could respond, Snoop came walking down the stairs with Tiana following behind him.

"How may I help yah? Did one of my kids do something? I oughta whoop their —"

"No, Mr. Broadus. Your kids did nothing wrong. But, this IS about one of them, unfortunately."

Fuck...

Looking around, I noticed the three of them here in the same room.

The only one who wasn't?

Nipsey...

This can't be good...

"What's wrong, officers?"

"We're both sorry to inform you of this tragic news, but your oldest son Nipsey has been shot to death in his own home. He was pronounced dead on the scene."

My entire world just froze.

Just like that, in a blink of an eye, my best friend is gone.

Who the fuck could've done this?!

Who would be after him, and why?!

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY BROTHER'S GONE?! THIS CANT BE, MAN! THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

Gary screamed out on the top of his lungs as he started crying hysterically.

Tiana and Briana were holding each other in their arms, screaming and crying out of agony.

But me? I couldn't even react right at the moment.

I just fell back on the couch, completely froze and in shock that this is actually happening right now.

Snoop confusingly but sadly looked at the officers after two minutes of silence from him.

"W - what do you mean my boy is g - gone? What the fuck happened to my boy?!"

"We obviously still are doing an investigation, this is going to be an open case for a while. But, when we arrived at the home, his wife explained everything. She said that three other gentleman broke in, robbed him of everything he had, and then shot and killed him so he couldn't snitch, as they say these days. Miss London and the children remain safely untouched."

"NO, NO, NO! NOT MY BEST FRIEND! MY NIGGA, MAN! WHY HIM?!"

I then started to react, falling to the floor on my knees and in tears.

"We are very sorry to all of you for this tragedy. It's never easy losing a loved one, especially to gun violence. Just know we're actively working on Nipsey's case, and we ARE going to catch his killers."

And just like that, our Nipsey is no longer with us.

How can anyone have a bone in their body to ever hate Nipsey, let alone murder him in his own house in front of his wife and kids?

It couldn't have been anyone we knew of, right?

But what if it was?

What if this was somehow my fault someway?

I would never be able to live with myself ever again.

I just hope he finds it in his soul to forgive me...

I never meant to betray him, if that's how he felt...

Imma miss you, for real, dawg.

This shit called life never seems to be fair.