Chapter 48. Love notes and heartbreaks

"Thank you for meeting with me," Isabel said, sitting beside him. He nodded, this was his and Emily's place, but it was the only place where they could talk. "What is it?" he asked, looking at the time he should go back soon. He wondered where Emily went, a smile spread across his face. 

"Sam?" Isabel said, tilting her head. "Yes," he said. "Are you even in love with me?"  she asked, Sam was taken aback, but she had to know. "I am not," he watched her take a deep breath, she knew. "It's Emily, isn't it?" she asked. "It is, and no matter how much I try, it is her who I go back to. It has always been Emily," he said. 

Isabel smiled, "It's wonderful, isn't it? How when you wanted me, I didn't, and when I do, you don't," she said. "Isabel," he tried. "It's fine, Sam. I knew I knew it from the glances across the room, how you two were around each other. I knew I think everyone knew, but still, I hoped it wasn't how it seemed, but I  guess I was wrong," she said. 

"I  guess you were," he said. "You are going to tell her?" she asked. "I am soon," he looked at the time. She nodded and leaned in and slowly brushed her lips against his. It didn't feel like how it felt with Emily. "No sparks?" she asked. "None," he said. "Me neither," she said. 

He raised his brows as she got up, "Hurry up and tell her I need to find William. Do you think she dumped him yet?" she said. He smiled, "I think she did," he said. "Don't smile. It was fun while it lasted, but maybe he can handle me better," she said. "Maybe he can. Good luck, Isabel," he said, standing up when he saw James's car. 

"Is that Rowan?" Isabel said, spotting the platinum blond, "they all are here," Sam said, walking up to the car. He watched Gwyn's car drive off and some crushed flowers and a letter on the ground. He recognized the handwriting at once when he picked up the letter.

"What just happened?" Edward asked, holding up his phone, "why in the world are you recording?" Sam asked. "Ed, stop recording, and why did she run off?" Rowan asked. "Who ran off? what are you all talking about?" Sam asked. "What did you do?" James asked, calling Gwyn," she isn't picking up,"

"I think we might know why she ran off," Stephanie said, pointing at Isabel and walking towards them. "God, this is bad. This is very bad," Charlie said. Sam turned to see Isabel join them, "hey guys," she said. "You two are still together?" Edward asked. "God no, I think I still like someone else," she turned towards Sam. "Good luck with Emily," she said with a smile.

They watched her go, "What is going on?" Stephanie asked. "We broke up. She likes Will, and I think I am in love with Emily," he said. "This is terrible," Rowan said. "What are you people talking about?" Sam asked. "She was here to tell you she likes you, and now she is gone, go after her, you idiot," Rowan said.

"Shit," he got into Rowan's car as he read the note.

Sam,

I don't even know from where to start, I don't even know how to tell you all that I want to say and it is very hard to concentrate with your best friend nearly killing people on the road. So let me just start at the beginning. My whole life, you were there as my brother's best friend, as my first crush, my first love, my best friend. I guess you have always been a part. These few months, I saw you. I got to know you, and trust me, it was the best thing that ever happened. From our first meeting at the park to the detention and where we are now, I never stopped falling for you. It was all the little things about you that made me fall, and I don't think I ever want to get up. I am in love with you no matter how much I try to deny it, and I think I will always be a little in love with you.

Love,
Emily

"Shit," he whispered as he folded the letter and slipped it into the pocket, "what now?" Rowan asked. "Just I need to talk to her, I don't think I can risk losing her. Just drive me to her home," he said. "As you say, are you sure she wants to see you now?" Rowan asked. "I don't think, but I need to talk to her," he said as Rowan stopped in front of her house.

Sam took a deep breath and got down, "Sam," Rowan called out. "Yeah?" Sam said, still holding the door, "Just don't screw this up, " he said. "I will try not to," he said.

He rang the doorbell as Gwyn opened the door, "Get out," her voice came sharp. He was expecting it after what she saw. "I need to speak with her," he said, "I don't think she wants to, goodbye Sam," she closed the door right to his face.

He rang the doorbell again, "What part of it do you not understand?" Gwyn asked. "I know what she saw I just, Emily," he called as he saw her walking down the stairs. "I will take it from here," she told Gwyn. "Are you sure?" she asked. "I am, go," Emily said, getting out of the door.

"I am right here if you need me," Gwyn said. "I know," Emily said, squeezing her hand. Gwyn glared at him before leaving. "Emmy, I know what you saw, I got your letter," Emily stopped him midway, "it's fine, I don't care. You and Isabel are perfect, I am glad you two made up," Emily said, swallowing the growing lump in her throat.

"You don't understand," Sam said. "I don't think I want to anymore, it's fine Sam don't think much about it," she said walking towards her door, he caught her hand, "just listen to me, will you?" he asked. "I don't think I want to, goodnight, Sam," she said, closing the door once again.

Ps: Read the next chapter. You won't regret it :)