Forgive Me

Warning: Spanking

Chapter 6

"How could you just let him get away?" Kol yelled as Elijah came back into the Compound. "After what he did to Hope-"

"He did nothing to Hope, brother." Elijah sighed. "And it was Klaus's will that he go free."

"That makes you both mad!"

"Kol," Elijah immediately cut off his brother before Kol could go on a rant. Elijah's intense glare was enough for Kol to know that his brother was serious. "Make yourself useful and carry Hope to bed."

Kol grumbled all the way to Hope and up the stairs to her room.

"So, brother," began Elijah. "What exactly is your plan for Marcel?"

"No plan. I just grow tired of the same routine. The dagger. It has forever plagued our family but not anymore, thanks to you."

"So you're admitting that Marcel is family."

"Twelve years ago I would've answered with a resounding yes and filleted anyone who dare say different. Now...I don't know and for the moment I don't care. Hope is my only concern. What am I supposed to do? She knows the truth."

"The truth won't change how she feels about you, Nik. Marcel knew the truth about you as a child and he still thought the world revolved around you."

"Marcel? The same Marcel that just challenged me to a match to the death? That Marcel."

"So he's gotten out of hand now. We will just have to take extra precautions to make sure Hope doesn't. For example: Let's try not hurting anyone she cares about."

Klaus scoffed at the implication.

"I'm serious, Niklaus. If you want Hope to forever see you as her knight in shining armor, never give her a reason to believe you the villainous dragon."

Klaus was unsure. He'd always been the dragon in these stories, it had become second nature to him. But for Hope he was determined to do whatever it took to be the Hero.

-M-

Marcel sat at the bar at Rousseau's drinking heavily. He'd been there for three days straight, leaving just long enough to sleep off his stupor at the hotel across the street but once he was back at full capacity, he'd just drink himself to near death again. He didn't know what to do. He was finally welcomed back into his city again but it wasn't the same. He wasn't the King. He wasn't the Prince. He was nothing. His home was gone. His friends were still in hiding from the Mikaelson rage. All he had was a bar stool and a bottle of bourbon.

On Thanksgiving Day he got especially drunk. Thinking about the Mikaelsons big family dinner riled him. He used to be an intricate part of those dinners. He used to split the wishbone with Elijah and sneak desserts before dinner with Rebekah. One Thanksgiving when Kol was undaggered, the two of them snuck off to go skinny dipping in the lake. But what he missed most of all were his morning rides with Klaus.

Each Thanksgiving morning, without fail, Klaus would wake before the sun and take Marcel on a ride out to the lake. The horses would trot slowly so they could observe the scenery. The view of the sun rising over the lake was breathtaking. They would get off their horses and lie down in the grass saying hardly anything to each other and yet for some reason, each year Marcel looked forward to those quiet moments with his father.

Drunken reminiscing lead Marcel to the entrance of the Mikaelson Compound.

"Klaus! Where are you, you bastard?" Marcel screamed as he staggered into the courtyard. The smell of alcohol on his breath equaled only by the smell originating from the bottle in his hand. In the middle of the courtyard set a feast. "You think you can just kick me out?! This is my home!"