Volleyball -ELVIS

Y/m/n > your moms name

•Elvis POV•

'Elvis! Hurry up, we are leaving for y/n's volleyball game!" I heard my ma shout at the bottom of the stairs.

"Who's y/n?" I shouted back, putting on a jacket.

"Y/m/n daughter, you two used to be so close as littles. Let's go!" She said, grabbing her purse off the couch.

Me, ma, and daddy, hopped in the car. I turned on the radio, I began to bop my head to the music as we drove along the road.

•y/n POV•

Today is the big championship game for my volleyball team! All the girls have worked so hard to get this far.

"Are you ready, honey?" My mom asked, as I walked into the big gym with a few nets set up. I nodded lightly, I'm a bit nervous. I'd hate for all our effort to go to waste.

"By the way, the Presleys are coming!" She said, very excited about the statement she just made.

"Who?" I asked her, putting on my knee pads.

"Remember the little boy, Elvis? You two used to be best buds before you moved schools." She explained to me, handing me my water bottle.

"Ohh! Them! Cool, cant wait to see them." I said to her, giving her a light hug before walking over to my team.

We began warming up, doing passing drills, setting, bumping, serving. The usual. I tried to really push myself today.

I saw three people walk into the gym, a woman, she was plump. She looks very kind. A man, who was holding hands with her.

And a boy. He was taller than the man. Dressed in a navy blue outfit, long black hair.

'Hes pretty cute' I said to myself before the ball came my way and I bumped it into my teammates direction.

I watched as the three walked over to my mom, she hugged the woman.

I saw my mum smile and point at me. The other woman waved at me, and the taller boy gave me a smirk and a wink.

I waved back, eagerly.

"The ball is live!" The referee said, as i served the ball directly over the net.

We had a few rallies, good passes, and soon enough we got our first victory.

I played a really good game today. And I knew it.

My teammates started shouting around and jumping up and down.

I could hear my mom screaming.

"WOOO THATS MY BABY!" She shouted through the big gym.

Me and my team bunched up into our last group hug of the season.

As I said my goodbyes to friends from out of town who came to play, I started walking over to my mom and her friends.

"You all played fantastically, y/n!" Gladys said, wrapping her arms around me in a big bear hug. 2 hugs in one minute? That's a new record for me.

"Thank you so much, and thank you for coming! It's so nice to see you guys, especially Elvis here. Haven't seen him since I was taller than him. And now..." I stood next to him and gestured to how much taller he was than me. That joke got a few laughs, even from Elvis.

As the adults made conversation about their lives since they last talked, I sat on the wooden bleachers. I could feel my sweaty thighs stick to the surface.

"You were pretty great out there." A voice said, as i soon saw Elvis sit down next to me. His black locks fell over his eyes. Although I could still see a slight bit of his glowing eyes peeping through his hair.

"Oh, thanks!" I said, cheerfully.

"How long you been playing, doll?" He asked me, I could hear the same accent he has always had since we met as younglings.

"Pretty much since I got here. It's a great community. You should come down more often. I'd love to hangout with you!" I exclaimed, sitting up slightly out of excitement.

"I'd love to, but I'm tryin' to get my career off the ground. Pretty tough bein' a long haired boy in this profession." He said, moving his hair out of his face, revealing a perfectly chiseled face, gorgeous eyes, and his smirk. Oh my.. that smirk could kill a girl.

"Well," I began "we have quite a few good pubs around town here. You should stop by check 'em out." I said, smiling. I tried to ignore the pink blush approaching my cheeks.

"Why don't you just show me now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow gently.

"Uh- now? Don't you have to start your drive home?"

"I'm sure my ma' would let me stay at yours. She trusts your ma'." He said, giving me a sly smile.

"Well alright! But I'd like to go home and change first. Shorts and a tank top aren't very ideal for walking around down town." I said, standing up from off the bleacher. I winced as my thighs peeled off the hard wooden bench.

"I figured."

After some conversations, we convinced our parents to let us catch up for the next day or two.

//////////////////

Elvis' parents left quite soon after to head to their home. Elvis drove home with us.

My mom made light conversation with Elvis on the ride home, asking about school, music, GIRLS.

"I bet all the girls at school love ya'!" My mom said.

Elvis looked down at his hands. "Not exactly, but I appreciate it, miss." I could feel some tension sitting not so patiently in the air the rest of the way home.

Soon enough (thank gosh) we pulled into our driveway. My dad should be home by now.

"I'm gonna go get changed, knock if you need anything!" I said to Elvis, leaving him on the couch in the living room as i pranced upstairs to my room.

"Elvis!!" I could hear my dad say to him.

I quickly got changed into a cute little dress, it was blue with polka dots on the skirt. It was my favourite.

Since I was a bit sweaty I decided to put my hair up in a ponytail. I tried to slick it back a bit, to reduce the look of sweat.

"I'm ready! Are we walking or driving?" I asked, walking down the stairs to see Elvis sitting beside my dad on the couch. I might've let out a little giggle on accident.

"Take the car, why don't ya?! Treat our guest!" My dad exclaimed, standing himself up off the couch to hand me the keys.

"Oh! Thank you daddy!" I said, giving him a tight hug before grabbing the keys from his hand. I waved Elvis over to me, while opening the door for us to leave.

"Hey, can you drive? I'm still pretty tired." I said to him, holding out the keys.

"I- are you sure? I don't wanna damage your fathers car!" He said, pushing away my hand.

"He told me to treat our guest! This is me treating you." I said, quickly sneaking into the passenger seat before he could get there.

"Alright..." he said hesitantly, as he turned on the engine.

As we drove down the streets, me directing him, I looked at his hands on the wheel. His hands were big, but not 'giant' big. The way the wrapped around the steering wheel did something to me.

Oh lord. Do I like Elvis? After all these years?!

Hiii! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating this lately, I have a lot of school work to do! I have a few requests waiting for me to write and I will try to write them soon but I do already have a few pre-written chapters, so there is a good chance I will just add those for now. LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!!! ❤️❤️❤️