3: 'Miss Perfect's Heartbreaker'

Yeji's POV

"Miss Hwang?"

"Ah ma'am, I'm sorry can you repeat the question?" fuck, i wasn't listening.

"What is the entry for November 18?"

"Uhm..." i paused and looked at the given. "Cash 20, 000 DEBIT and Accounts Receivable 20, 000 for CREDIT,"

"Correct, next is Mr. Gomez,"

It's been a week since the classes started and I'm kinda back to my normal life as a student. Time went so slow yet so fast for this class and I'm now on my way out the classroom to meet my friends.

"Do you still have class?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Yeah, 2 more subjects till 4 pm," i told her.

"Aw, mine are done for today. I'll wait for you at the library,"

"What, nooo you can go home." I can't let her wait for four hours.

"Are you sure?"

I gave her a nod.

"Okay, then I'll just walk you to your classroom."

We finished our lunch together. We're now walking back to our building when i noticed lots of students are looking at us...at me. I'm used to the stares since I'm the president but this time, they're different. It felt so off.

"Is it just me or everyone is looking at you and are they... gossiping?" Chaeryeong frowned at me.

I told her to just ignore them but I stopped at my place when we saw a crowd of students in a bulletin board in front of one of the buildings.

"Yeji!" it's Han.

"Why is everyone over there?"

"Uhh...uhm..."

"Look dude, we don't know who did it yet-"

I gave him a frown as i decided to rush over what's on that bulletin board. I froze.

Who and how did they took these? And it's been 3 years...

There are five pictures on the board showing me crying, on my knees in front of Choi Yeonjun, the famous basketball team captain. My ex.

"I told you it's the president,"

"Oh so they dated,"

"I wanna know what happened,"

"Aw why did they break up,"

"An IT couple,"

I couldn't move an inch till a hand reached out the pictures and ripped them all out. I looked up to find Yeonjun who's looking mad. He then glared at everyone making them leave, leaving us and my friends together.

"Yeji..." Chaeryeong called and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun asked. I glared at him before looking back at the pictures on the floor.

I can't believe I'd be involved in some high school drama when I'm in college already.

I am not mad about them coming out, I'm mad to see myself in the place again doing that. That it brought back those ugly memories I almost forgot. I'm mad at the person who ripped them off and asking me if i was okay after everything.

'Miss Perfect's Heartbreaker' there's even a title posted for the set of pictures. I sat down to reach for it when i found something at the back of the picture. The photo paper, and the signature.

It's similar to the ones Karina gave us as hard copies of our group photos last assembly.

"Yeji wait!"

I picked up the torn pieces and headed straight to Karina's office to find her.

"Ryujin!"

"Ryujin!"

"Hey hey, calm down," a guy tried to hold me down must be a member of the paper.

"Where's Ryujin?"

"She's not here. She's probably at her class, at the Fine Arts building," he answered me.

I didn't say anything else and just continued to walk towards wherever she is.

"Hwang Yeji!"

Chaeryeong, Han and Yeonjun are still following me.

I pushed the pictures on to Ryujin's chest the moment we saw each other. She seemed so confused and was about to leave when i held her arm.

"Did you take those?"

"What?" she responded irritatedly. She looked at the pictures but remained emotionless.

"I didn't." she answered coldly.

I then showed her the back of it with her signature.

"I didn't take it." she said once again.

"Then who did?" Yeonjun suddenly spoke behind my back. Ryujin rolled her eyes.

"You know i wouldn't take those Yeji," she spoke again. And her calling my name felt like it wasn't the first time she said it to me.

"How would she know, you two aren't close or anything," Yeonjun spoke again.

'Shut up.

Just why can't y-'

She mumbled something i couldn't hear clearly. I just heard 'Shut up' and yeah this guy behind me better shut up.

"Coz she know, you all know that I'm professional when it comes to doing my work. I won't achieve anything by taking those photos in the first place...do i look like i care about you two? Especially you?" she eyed Yeonjun so intense.

"Take it to the guidance, but really I don't think it's a big deal." she added.

That's the longest thing I've heard her say and she's right.

"Hey what's going on here?" Karina arrived confused.

She held on to Ryujin's arm and looked at her so worriedly. They seem really close. I guess that's because they work together.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Ryujin calmly responded to her. And now she's calm?

"I need to go home." she told us. We were left behind letting her walk away.

"What's that about?"

I let Chaeryeong explain the whole situation to Karina. I can't help but to think about what Ryujin said and why my thoughts keep coming back to the way she said my name.

"Why are you still here?" I said to Yeonjun who just sat in front of me.

"Of course, I want to know who's behind this,"

"Oh BS," Chaeryeong reacted. Yeah, bullshit.

"I'll make her admit it Yeji, I'll find the culprit." he said as if he's so driven to do it.

"Look, just leave."

He smiled bitterly and started to walk away.

"You know what Pres? I'm just waiting for you to say to punch him," Han said. I know he's trying to lighten up the mood but it's not working.

"Yeji, i know it's not Ryujin." Karina explained.

"And hey, the day isn't over for you yet Yeji, you said you still have class?" Chaeryeong caressed my back.

Ah fuck, can't this day be over already?