13: Council's Trip

Yeji's POV

"Everyone on board?!" Chan asked sounding like an old man.

"AYE CAPTAIN!" the boys on the back responded to him.

"You okay?" Karina asked me while holding my arm. I just gave her a nod.

It's already Friday night and we're on our way to the beach house. I didn't go to school last Thursday because i overslept and i didn't have the energy to go. I still haven't heard from Ryujin. Karina told me about inviting her but Ryujin said she had important things to do which is true. I wonder how Yuna is.

"Lighten up babe," Miyeon rested her head on my shoulder.

"It'll be a 4-hour drive so we'll get there by midnight?"

"Oh and chat Hyunjin to buy alcohol on the way- BUT OF COURSE DON'T DRINK WHILE DRIVING!" he said again. We all got surprised by his loud tone but he just laughed afterwards. Man, he's pumped up.

"You could get some sleep so we could stay up all night later," Miyeon told us.

Chaeryeong is and Lia in on the 2nd van with Hyunjin. I bet they're sleeping already.

And i think i should too.

--+--

We're on a gasoline station for a stop over. Karina and Miyeon just finished using the restroom and i told them i need to go to. They insisted to go with me but i told them it's okay. It's my fault that my pee late arrived.

I told myself to forget my last encounter with Ryujin and have fun with this trip. I don't know how long i stayed in the restroom but when i got out, the van is missing. Did they just forget about me?!

What the hell? I reached for my pocket only to remember i left my phone in the van. I asked the staff if the telephone is available but it wasn't and cells didn't have signal.

I'm an unfamiliar city and only the gasoline station have their lights up. I started walking away hoping to find an open store or house to ask for help.

After a few minutes of walking in the dark with just a few and dim street lights, I found a small bar. It's not as fancy as the bars I've went to since it's a small town. I was on my way to the lady in front when i heard two familiar voices.

They're singing a mellow song and their harmonization is good. I think I know what song is this. Stay.

(Stay by Blackpink)

I approached near the stage and found Ryujin and Giselle performing in front of the customers. Ryujin is playing with her guitar and she's the one harmonizing with Giselle's vocals. I didn't know she sings so beautifully.

Her eyes are roaming around as part of performance and when she's about to look at me, I turned my back. She can't see me here.

I just wondered why is she here at another city performing this late night? And I also remembered that i needed help to reach my friends.

After the song finished i heard steps from the stage getting nearer to me.

"It's President!" Giselle exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" I can't remember how many times Ryujin has asked me that kind of question now.

"I'm-"

"I thought you guys are on a trip with Karina?"

"Y-yeah... actually-" I told them everything that happened.

"Here! Use my cell, but it's hard to find signal around here." Giselle offered.

I thanked her and immediately called Karina. Thankfully i found a signal and she answered.

"YEJI WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU SAFE?!" she shouted at the phone. My ears.

"I am. Will you turn loud speaker please?"

"Hold on...there."

"HOW COULD YOU GUYS LEAVE ME?!" I shouted at them back.

"Yeji don't be mad but it's our fault and it's so dumb. Miyeon fell asleep right after we got back and me- my mind isn't working and I just forgot that you're still outside. WE'RE REALLY SORRY-"

Even Giselle shook her head with disappointment though she giggled. Ryujin on our right is just silent as usual. I managed to steal a glance at her but she's holding a cigarette again.

"Ya! Don't smoke in front of the President," Giselle scolded her. Surprisingly, she gave back the cigarette to the lady on the counter.

"We'll go back to you," I heard Bangchan on the line.

"We've been calling you the moment we realized you weren't here and guess what- your phone rang in the van!" Miyeon sarcastically told me and the two girls laughed at their dumbness.

"Alright alright, I'll wait-" i couldn't finish since Ryujin spoke.

"You don't have to go back here, Karina. We'll take Yeji there tomorrow. It's getting late,"

"Oh she's with Ryujin too?" It's Han's voice.

"We'll see you tomorrow boss!" "Hope you have an extra bedroom for me and RJ!"

I couldn't hear what Karina told her but she ended the call with a smile. I guess everything didn't go all bad?

"So Miss Hwang,"

"Call me Yeji."

"Alright, i heard you sing too. Our gig here is still not finished till 11 pm, what if you perform with us?"

"Gi?" Ryujin sounded like she didn't want me to.

"Come on dude,"

"Fine."

Giselle told us that it's time for another duet but I'm going to do it with Ryujin. She's still avoiding eye contact but is trying to be professional on stage. An audience requested for us to sing "Lemon Tree" and said that it's because he's drinking lemon here.

And so we did. We did an acoustic version, and is slower and more mellow than the original. Our voice blended so well and our eyes ended up locking on each other.

"And all that I can see..."

She stopped for a moment still staring at me. She turned to the audience and she sang the last line,

"Is just another lemon tree~"

Her voice sounded so sweet. But her eyes says pain I couldn't understand.

"What if kayo na lang?!"

She laughed at the audience comment. We thanked them as we let Giselle do the final performance. We were just quiet.

"I'm sorry." she mouthed.

--author--

I chose that song coz ryeji did sing it! In their vlive!! I love their voices sm