16: Rain on the Beach

Yeji's POV

A night has passed.

And i still haven't got the chance to talk to Ryujin alone. She just spent time with Giselle and bonded with our friends. While me was of course with my girl friends. She's also trying hard to avoid eye contact, again.

We're all on the sand preparing to play the newspaper dance. A game where a pair should dance and step on the newspaper when the music stops. The newspaper will be folded smaller every round till the last pair wins.

I'm paired up with Lia while Ryujin is paired up with Karina. Then it's Giselle and Winter, Chaeryeong and Miyeon and the boys.

The boys have been complaining by the pairings saying they have a disadvantage since we are lighter than them. But of course, I had the final say.

"Let's go~"

First round started. When the music stopped we all jumped on to the newspaper. Bangchan and Han got eliminated first for they've been fighting. Well, they gave a bad round but a good laugh.

~

Three pairs left. Us, Beomgyu and Hyunjin and Karina and Ryujin. The newspaper is now smaller that we'll have to carry our partner. I told Lia to ride my back. Beomgyu ride Hyunjin's back as well while Ryujin carried Karina in a bridal style.

I feel hurt but i told myself that this is just a game. I just know we'll have to win this but i know Ryujin is very competitive.

The next round got the boys eliminated so they decided one more final round to declare who's the winner.

"Good luck ladies," and music.

We both managed to survive that round and I told them to just make it a tie. The three girls agreed with me. I don't think i could see more of Ryujin carrying Karina.

I bit my lip feeling all guilty with what I'm feeling. We shared a kiss so what? We are not dating.

"Your reward is! 1000 gcash each sponsored by Bangchan!"

Oh wow, i didn't know he'd have rewards for us.

"Wait, it's not the council's funds right?!" Winter is suspicious. We laughed at that thought and teased Chan about it.

"Ya I'm not corrupt!"

--+--

"I'll go with you, Ryu!" Giselle ran after her.

Ryujin agreed to buy seafoods from the market for our dinner tonight. I tasked the boys but she insisted. I stood up and followed her and Gigi.

"I'll go with her, just go back and help in setting the bonfire." i held her shoulder. She just smiled and ran back.

"Hey," i called Ryujin. She ignored me.

"Hey!"

"Shin Ryujin! Did my lips shut your mouth for good?" I didn't know where i got that courage to ask her like that.

She gave me a pissed look and then looked away again. We're walking past the resort and there are only a few people.

"It might rain." she's looking up at the gray sky.

"Did you bring an umbrella?"

"No..."

I heard her cursed. She then looked at the money we brought and then sighed. "We don't have extra money for an umbrella,"