17: Heated

Yeji's POV

I told them they can stay longer at the resort and I'll just have Lay take us to the hospital. But Chan said it's already Sunday and it's better to get back earlier. And the weather isn't gonna turn better anyway.

But Lay is also already on his way here so i told him I'll meet him at the hospital. Ryujin is immediately assisted when we arrived.

"Hey kid," Lay came to me with open arms. I hugged him tight.

He greeted my friends then and asked about what happened. He told them they can go and that he'll take care of me and Ryujin which they agreed.

Giselle and Karina didn't want to go but I reassured them that I'll give news as soon as possible. Karina also have a family matter to attend to this evening. I waved them all goodbye as the girls hugged me.

"I'm sorry," i mouthed to Chan. I really feel that i ruined the whole trip for everyone.

"Not your fault, bad rain." he winked at me as he messed my hair.

"We'll see you guys on Monday!" Chaeryeong told me.

It's just me and Lay here and i can feel him staring at me.

"Isn't that the one with us at the party?" I bet he's referring to Karina.

"Yes,"

"Why did she leave her girlfriend then?"

"Oh. They're not together-" i hesitated to answer.

"Ohhhhh okay,"

"Did you cry?" he then asked. I shook my head. But he held my face stare at him.

"Tsk tsk tsk...what happened?"

I told him everything for i couldn't hold it any longer. He just listened to me while casually patting my back in between our conversation.

"Ah, so you're the girlfriend." he tried to tease me so i hit him.

"It's gonna be okay, okay? Hmm and based on your story, this girl likes you too...might even like  you more than you like her," he then laughed.

I finally admitted to myself that I have feelings for her.

--+--

An unknown number called me twice already and i didn't answer it. A message was then sent that automatically made me dial it back.

Text message:

Yeji, this is Ryujin's mom. Is she okay?"

"Hello, I'm sorry for not answering Mrs-"

"It's okay. Is my daughter okay now? What happened?" she sounded like she wants to cry.

I told her what happened. The doctor said she experienced over fatigue and she needs to rest for a few more days.

They told us thay she could rest at her house, but it'll be better if at the hospital. Lay suggested that we'll just transfer Ryujin and the hospital approved it.